STUPID RING QUESTION

Initiated Cavaliers can buy a Cavalier ring. It's the only ring I ever saw Fiedler wear.

I don't have a Cavalier ring yet, and I lost my DCI ring, so...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate cops.

The people that won a ring will say that it's all about winning and the people that never won a ring will say that it's about the journey blah blah blah.

The jacket means more then the ring...

but the ring sure is fun to have~

Edited by Cop

Don't say you hate cops, that's just stupid. Maybe you hate some cops, there are good and bad people in every profession.

Madison '88 - we weren't after a ring, we were after the experience and the screams from the crowd.

Every rare once in a while, a winning show happens to be both a judge pleaser and a crowd pleaser.

If I had been after a DCI ring, I wouldn't have been marching Madison that year, which is what made the experience that much more beautiful.

Don't say you hate cops, that's just stupid. Maybe you hate some cops, there are good and bad people in every profession.

Madison '88 - we weren't after a ring, we were after the experience and the screams from the crowd.

Every rare once in a while, a winning show happens to be both a judge pleaser and a crowd pleaser.

If I had been after a DCI ring, I wouldn't have been marching Madison that year, which is what made the experience that much more beautiful.

You didn't answer my question! :(

I can't stand rings.

not just dci rings. All rings. I never wear my HS or College one. I hate the way they feel on my hand.

Also, I think it's kinda funny when alums wear their jackets to drum corps shows when it's 95 degrees out.

I haven't really thought about it before, but I think my necklace is more important to me than my jacket.

To each his own. My sister has 3 rings from her days in Gah-field and she's never even taken them out of the box. They're probably still in my parents' house, and she hasn't lived there in over 20 years.

She didn't do it for the ring. Simple. Nor does she need to advertise the success she and her corpsmates achieved.

Karen

We didn't work our butts off to get a "ring" BITD because a ring wasn't to be had then. Only the honor we left on the field was important. We did however, work our butts off BITD because we wanted to WIN! Sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't. And no matter what anyone says, that was the point to marching and sweating and bleeding and crying and laughing and hugging our friends. Hope that doesn't offend too many, but that was the way it was and I suspect what it still is today or else there wouldn't be scores and placements and disappointments and crying and laughing and hugging our friends.

With that said, I paid beaucoup bucks for my DCI rings from '73 and '74 which were created a couple of years ago for us Oldies but Moldies. We earned them and I'm proud of them.

Rings001-2.jpg