Is it a battle for second place?

its possible that BD is getting set up for a fall. I don't see how their score can go higher-- their show is maxed out--and they don't have the demand that the Cadets have, certainly. I think any of the top 5 can still win, I'd be surprised if SCV wins--being 7th in drums. Cadet's and Cavies have a real shot.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and they don't have the demand that the Cadets have, certainly.

You're right. I've marched both shows this year and I can say for a fact that the Cadets definitely have more demand.

the gap deftely won't stay this large. I think bd show is about as good as its going to get, meaning I dontthink their score will go up very much from where it is.

clearly you have never seen the BD design team at work! The show will improve up to and including finals day rehearsal and the members will do everything in their power to hold onto their top position. BD wont relax just because they're on top, you know... they're trying their hardest to put the nail in the coffin so to speak and will continue to strive to be better than all other BD corps to date. Thats how it works... its not about the other corps, its about being the best BD corps. Just so happens that when you strive to be better than the Blue Devils, usually you beat everybody else too. hahaha.. i love it.

go bd! :satisfied:

Edited by FieldofBlueDreams

If the Blue Devils win the Semi's, even by the smallest of margins, I think it unlikely the judges at Finals, will have the Blue Devils be beaten 2 years in a row on Final's night to lose the Title. Don't ask me why I have this feeling, because I can't explain it... I just do. So, in my opinion, if a Corps wants to take out the Blue Devils they had better take them out in the Quarters or Semi's at Indy, because I just don't see it happening at Finals, particulartly after it happened to the Blue Devils last year. But then again, who knows.

I agree with your conclusion, but not your reasoning. The semifinal winner usually wins finals, though for jjeoffrey's benefit I'll clarify again that "usually" didn't apply to 2008, 1988, or some other years, sure. But usually the semifinal winner wins finals. The corps with a two-point lead two-weeks out usually wins finals. But past performance never predicts the future for certain.

Here's why I don't agree with your reasoning. Judges judge one caption. They don't put their heads together and pick a winner by acclimation. The judge is focused on his or her caption and doesn't really care much about what happens in the other captions.

Edited by Peel Paint

I agree with your conclusion, but not your reasoning. The semifinal winner usually wins finals, though for jjeoffrey's benefit I'll clarify again that "usually" didn't apply to 2008, 1988, or some other years, sure. But usually the semifinal winner wins finals. The corps with a two-point lead two-weeks out usually wins finals. But past performance never predicts the future for certain.

Here's why I don't agree with your reasoning. Judges judge one caption. They don't put their heads together and pick a winner by acclimation. The judge is focused on his or her caption and doesn't really care much about what happens in the other captions.

Madison won semi's in 1988 also. SCV was 3rd at semi's that year though. BD dropped from quarters to semis and again from semi's to finals. But I prefer to think of it as the other teams rising. BD's horn line was just to darn good for me to think of that corps dropping anything.

Last I checked, there isn't a "caption" for demand.

Or synths. :satisfied:

But lest we forget, they were caught by a tenth at Finals last year.

No they weren't. BD was beaten by 25/1000 of a point at finals last year.

Has anyone considered that BD may extend it's lead over the next couple of weeks? Most people seem to think this competition will

get tighter, but it could just be the opposite. Not saying that's going to happen but it IS a possibilty...

Cali.

Has anyone considered that BD may extend it's lead over the next couple of weeks? Most people seem to think this competition will

get tighter, but it could just be the opposite. Not saying that's going to happen but it IS a possibilty...

Cali.

The winning score now every year is somewhere between 97- 100. It'll probably be again this year. And the Blue Devils are already over 95. The gap will naturally close it would seem to me, as Corps get better and go over 94, and with only so much scoring room to go anyway when the scores go over 95 ( can't go to 103 ). It is possible that the Blue Devils peak, but with the exception of last year,and with the talented and experienced staff they have, they don't usually fail to bring their " A " game to the Championships come Finals week. That's not in this Corps DNA at all. But who knows. We'll see.