A little BD love

Sorry, I should have specified more. The Brass wasn't playing for 2 minutes.

So what? How many shows have we seen over the years where the battery contributes absolutely ZERO to the ballad musically, sometimes for three or more minutes. And sometimes, they get thrown into the back of the field or take a knee on the front sideline and don't contribute anything visually either. Nobody seems to make complaints about those great shows. And some of those shows not only won a DCI title, but are considered by some around here to be classics.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what you're saying is that BD only needs half the time other corps need to convince judges they're the best?

sounds good to me.. lol... work smarter not harder, what?

They can stand still and sound better than everyone else (which I agree they do)....but this IS a marching activity....and that SHOULD reflect in the score

heh. It does reflect in the score. Do i want to watch 8 minutes of lesser quality drill and music or would i want to watch several sections of a corps do their thing flawlessly for a smaller portion of time.

I pick perfection. just my preference though

so you would rather watch a corps flawlessly march in a block playing mary had a little lamb, then watch '02 Cavies?

yeah okay but they're not playing mary had a little lamb...

and that whole cavies to bd thing is apples to oranges. Two completely different perspectives, philosophies and direction of drum corps. They're both incredible but they do it different stylistically. Thats what i love about this activity. Do what you want, we'll do what we want and we'll let those guys with the green shirts decide.

they just so happen to be liking the color blue too... :satisfied:

Edited by FieldofBlueDreams

so you would rather watch a corps flawlessly march in a block playing mary had a little lamb, then watch '02 Cavies?

Hard to choose. :satisfied:

yeah okay but they're not playing mary had a little lamb...

and that whole cavies to bd thing is apples to oranges. Two completely different perspectives, philosophies and direction of drum corps. They're both incredible but they do it different stylistically. Thats what i love about this activity. Do what you want, we'll do what we want and we'll let those guys with the green shirts decide.

they just so happen to be liking the color blue too... :satisfied:

and since when do the people on this forum trust the people in the green shirts lol

Suncoast played Mary Had a Little Lamb in '88.