Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry everyone .. I don't want to go through the 22 pages ... Was it worth the $18 bucks?!

It was for me. I saw it at the Great Mall in Milpitas. Theater was pretty empty, zero high school bandos. Sound was plenty loud, picture looked GREAT in HD, no problems with the stream.

Given how much people complained about past movie theater showings I was expecting much worse, but it was actually a fantastic experience. Much more comfortable than sitting in the stands for 5+ hours!

i totally couldnt believe it but right as crown started the show our theater lost the feed and screen went blank for about half a minute. that was pretty sucky i thought there was going to be a riot there for a sec. then while crown was doing their crown formation they were showing the colorguard. y cant they jsut show one camera angle the entire time

I thought the corps were great, my favs tonite was Crown/Cadets/BlueStars. I know that BD is good, but that spread is crazy. We already know who's gonna win now, I'm starting to doubt on going to finals. I wish it could have been a little more interesting tonight for scores, but it's now a battle for second. Congrats BD you're amazing...

I thought the corps were great, my favs tonite was Crown/Cadets/BlueStars. I know that BD is good, but that spread is crazy. We already know who's gonna win now, I'm starting to doubt on going to finals. I wish it could have been a little more interesting tonight for scores, but it's now a battle for second. Congrats BD you're amazing...

As much as I hope you're right and I am .. I just don't want to look too far ahead, when there's 2 more shows.

Sounds like the theater wasn't too bad, the one near me sold out, I heard 3 bands went to watch, maybe I'm glad I didn't go!!

My only comment:

BD sure made it look easy!

I still can't see the lead Troopers have over Colts. Troopers performance tonight was not up to the level the Colts are at, and Colts by far have a more difficult show.

Crown for me has the winning show this year!!

Roughly 30 people in attendance at the Iowa City IA theater. Everything was great but I've heard louder sound effects from movies than the volume they had for the show :(

i totally couldnt believe it but right as crown started the show our theater lost the feed and screen went blank for about half a minute. that was pretty sucky i thought there was going to be a riot there for a sec. then while crown was doing their crown formation they were showing the colorguard. y cant they jsut show one camera angle the entire time

Someone else posted that a storm came through and wiped out the last few shows (sorry if that's you, I don't remember the name). That would really suck!!

The camera angles were pretty bad...no history on Crowns past show in Atlanta like the others...not a heck of a lot of commentary afterwards...it was kind of like "oh, that was nice..." I know i'm a fan, but they either have never seen the show before and maybe it threw them off with the story,,,,or they just thought it sucked. I thought they were as good or even better than their other shows..

Oh, and I'd a killed someone if the feed went out like that on any of the shows. :withstupid: