Columbus shakedown

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their closer is "Fancy Free" by Leonard Bernstein.

I know. I'm just posting what CorpsReps has. Besides, I'm guessing Mr. Sullivan has taken some liberties with the piece.

Company front.

Unpopular opinion coming - That's just not enough. I should have been bowled over. Instead, it was just...NICE.

Crowd seems to agree. I'm not getting a lot of reaction from the stands outside of polite applause.

I heard Vanguard three days ago in Charleston, WV. When SCV hits that company front, they are as loud as anybody. They just ripped people's faces off with the sound, when they decided to turn it loose. HUGE standing 'O for the company front.

There is a high amount of humidity in this area the last few days, and that will slow the sound down. I suspect that accounts for the lack of a sonic shower, and not the corps.

Edited by wvu80

"We interrupt this program..."

The 2009 Blue Stars' program is entitled "The Factory" and consists of:

Original Music by Sullivan, Frank

That name sounds familiar...hmmmmmm

I heard Vanguard three days ago in Charleston, WV. When SCV hits that company front, they are as loud as anybody. They just ripped people's faces off with the sound, when they decided to turn it loose. HUGE standing 'O for the company front.

There is a huge amount of humidity in this area the last few days, which slows sound down. I suspect that accounts for the lack of a sonic shower, and not the corps.

You just HAD to say "shower", didn't you?

Feeling some light rain drops.

And why isn't the humidity affecting Blue Stars? I think SCV had a flat performance, at least in part to the sickness which has hit the corps. They've been plenty loud on the APDs I've listened, despite the overwhelming synth bass they seem to think is necessary.

Love the 1940's dresses the guard members are in now. We just finished the war sequence and Taps, now into the ballad.

Kevin... Please one photo of Blue Stars... thanks dude...

Dex

You got it:

twg.jpg

By the way, if you don't want to wait for the photos, they're going up first on Twitter under username @kevingamin.

Horn line is right in front of me with the final fanfare of the ballad, just ripping my face off.

And Soldier Boy has come home to his girl. "This is a time for great rejoicing!"