Can the Blue Devils break 99.15?

I was thinking the same thing. They're going to be very hard to beat.

When you only move 36% of the show and hide dirt with chairs.....yeah their clean

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to b a jerk ... but it seems to me that the plateau has already begun.

Atlanta 95.250

6 days later ....

Allentown 95.750

Half a point in 6 days with only 7 more days until finals ... that only puts them on pace for maybe a 97. I fully realize that all corps get a few days to clean in prep for finals ..... but the golden nugget was already cracked when they dropped their first subcaptions last night ... the first they've lost in quite some time. The vehicle is just fine but I truly think they are close to already maxing what they've been given. I suspect an upset at Quarters.

Just to compare:

Cadets at Atlanta 92.55

Cadets at Allentown 94.3

Nearly a 2 point jump. Crown is in the same position and so is SCV. I can't wait to see how they fair tonight.

You have no evidence to say that BD won't gain the points this coming week!

Not to b a jerk ... but it seems to me that the plateau has already begun.

Atlanta 95.250

6 days later ....

Allentown 95.750

Half a point in 6 days with only 7 more days until finals ... that only puts them on pace for maybe a 97. I fully realize that all corps get a few days to clean in prep for finals ..... but the golden nugget was already cracked when they dropped their first subcaptions last night ... the first they've lost in quite some time. The vehicle is just fine but I truly think they are close to already maxing what they've been given. I suspect an upset at Quarters.

Just to compare:

Cadets at Atlanta 92.55

Cadets at Allentown 94.3

Nearly a 2 point jump. Crown is in the same position and so is SCV. I can't wait to see how they fair tonight.

Crown at Atlanta 92.60

Crown at Allentown 95.250

Nearly a 3 pt jump

SCV at Atlanta 92.00

SCV at Allentown 93.8

Nearly a 2 pt jump

I hope this instills a little REALITY into the situation. Turn down your speakers and really listen to BD. They aren't that clean, and they still have ensemble balance and technique issues. Most of the rest of the captions are pretty darn clean ... so their growth from here on out will be limited. The X factor for BD from now until finals ... will be powerful emotion injected into the show. I haven't seen it yet and that's why most fans are left lukewarm when they exit the field.

I only have my somewhat educated opinion. Brass had about 20 noticeable ticks last night. Cleaning those will help them move up higher. However, it is my firm belief that the GE caption is going to fail them in the end. There just isn't enough substance in the design to warrant the scores growing much more than they already are now. That's all I'm sayin.

I'm fairly certain that no one has evidence for what's going to happen. I think that you can look at statistics and make a judgement call, but you obviously can be wrong.

He has no evidence to say BD won't gain the points, but you have no evidence to say they will.

Did you know that 73% of ALL statistics are made up on the spot? :thumbup:

Did you know that 73% of ALL statistics are made up on the spot? :thumbup:

And 94% of them are wrong.