MY OC corps at a DCA show proposal

i'd only make one tweak and one tweak only

i'd train the DCA judges to judge the kids on DCi sheets like DCI has their folks use DCA sheets for all age corps.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want the Renegades to bring back the legos and bike into the pit :)

There was also a Sacramento based Sr corp that had some problems - Riverside Regisment I think?

And I'm sure other corps might resurface or start up - Bakersfield seems to have a strong presence in music

Fever?

Oregon Crusaders, Seattle corp, Spokane Thunder

I just want the Renegades to bring back the legos and bike into the pit :)

There was also a Sacramento based Sr corp that had some problems - Riverside Regisment I think?

And I'm sure other corps might resurface or start up - Bakersfield seems to have a strong presence in music

Fever?

Oregon Crusaders, Seattle corp, Spokane Thunder

I'm wondering if Bakersfield might be a better venue from a facility and transportation standpoint....they have a bigger airport than SLO, although fans (who I forgot to think about originally...I was focused on the corps travel issues) would have to make a switch and flight costs might be high...hmmmm...

The stadium at Bako College (where the last pre Nats 07 show was held for Div II/III) is AWESOME....high like Walnut or Glendora (for those CA folks who have been there), easy access and parking from what I remember, etc. For the fans the downsides are....it's Bakersfield in the summer, and transportation issues to the area.

The plus side to SLO is....it's the central COAST during summer!! The downside, the transportation issues....hmmmm....

I'd hate to ask fans to fly in (for those interested from out of state) for a West champs, then have to drive several hours (although the drive from LA IS very nice, once you get out of the LA basin.) Driving....4 hours from the base of any of the CA corps.

Just bouncing ideas right now...obviously a champs in LA or SF would be FAR easier from a fan transpo point, but part of the appeal to the competing units in my mind was the relative ease of travel.

i'd only make one tweak and one tweak only

i'd train the DCA judges to judge the kids on DCi sheets like DCI has their folks use DCA sheets for all age corps.

A contest with both DCI and DCA competitors should have judges certified/approved by both governing bodies. Further, if they are using different sheets/criteria, there should be seperate announcement of scores for each division.

An interesting way to make September and even October a "wild card" month would be to hold weekend contests using the sheets of the contest sponsor and have a local competition for all corps (both DCI and DCA) that still have enough members to perform a competitive show. We might even see an increased interest in our activity by adding two more months of competition (or even exhibitions). DCI corps who lose the band kids on August 10th would have August 11th through Labor Day to adjust their show for the Fall season...... perhaps consolidate the corps in size or even add some non-band kids who are just interested in staying off the streets...... there's a "novel" idea.

Joe, Joe, Joe old friend - step back a bit... you were there...

you're asking to go back to 1959 all over again... the nightmare of tweaking the show for different systems each night or deciding which system to write for... or the sponsor packing his judging panel with either incompetent cronies or those who might show favoritism...

oh yeah... those are all the reasons DCA (and DCI) were formed... go figure