7. 2002 - Sound, Shape, and Color

8. 2008 - 3hree - Mind, Body, Soul

9. 2007 - ! (Eureka)

10. 2001 - New Era Metropolis

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've loved every show Vanguard has put on the the field this decade, including 2005. Even in their down years they always seem to produce the most thoughtfully designed shows. I especially love it when Vanguard performs music that hasn't yet been put on the field, but even when they take a more familiar route they're fantastic (like this year).

1. 2000 Heart-pounding. My favorite drum corps show, ever.

2. 2004

3. 2003

4. 2009

5. 2007

6. 2006

7. 2008

8. 2001

9. 2002

10. 2005

1. 2004 - Attraction: The Music of Scheherezade - Possibly Key Poulan's best arrangement, a holy terror of an awesome drumline.

2. 2000 - The Age of Reverence - tough call between this and 2004 for 1st; beautiful, beautiful show, musically and visually. Possibly my favorite quiet ending in DCI history

3. 2008 - 3hree - Mind, Body, Soul - LOVED this show. The third section lagged a little, but "Man in the Bath" and "Eclipse" absolutely smoked. Very DIFFICULT show, too, they attempted a heck of a lot.

The others...

4. 2002 - Sound, Shape, and Color (always wanted to hear Copland's "Symphony for Organ" on the field)

5. 2003 - Pathways (the fact that they managed to turn Kilar's "Orawa", an absolute turd of a piece, into something listenable is one of the great arranging feats in DCI history)

6. 2001 - New Era Metropolis (best opener ever?)

7. 2005 - Russia: Revolution-Evolution 1917-1991 (still love that drum feature during Shostakovich's Twelfth)

8. 2007 - ! (Eureka)

9. 2006 - Moto Perpetuo

TBD. 2009

Seriously... What's so bad about "Sound, Shape, and Color?" That's one of my favorites of the decade.

Seriously... What's so bad about "Sound, Shape, and Color?" That's one of my favorites of the decade.

For me, I thought Trivandrum was awesome, but the rest really fell flat to me - I didn't care for the other musical selections at all. (But I did totally dig the flags with the elastic straps.)

Mike

Argh! It's too hard... all I can agree with myself on is:

1. 2000 - absolutely fantastic show, one of my all time favourites. And HARD!

(props to 2001 as well :blink: )

wow, this is super duper difficult, but... it helps i saw every one since 03 live...

1. 2004- hands down. easy pick. makes it even easier cuz they had THE BEST drumline EVER that year.

2. 2003- was my first show i ever saw live, CRAZY intensity, balls to the wall

3. 2009- other than 04 (maybe even better than 04), best hornline of the SCV decade. possibly best in DCI. AWESOME drumline, SPECTACULAR bassline.

4. 2001- i just really liked the whole concept

5. 2006- s/a

6. 2007- ohhhhh yeah. LOVED it

7. 2008

8. 2005- AMAZING performance on finals night. that was right up there on my list of DCI experiences...

9. 2000

10. 2002- not that it was bad...i just never really cared for it too much

ALL of SCV's shows this decade where MUCH MUCH better than MANY, actually MOST, other corps' shows. SCV is the only corps who's shows i'm always guaranteed to like. even Phantom doesn't get that honor w/ me...

SCV is the only corps who's shows i'm always guaranteed to like. even Phantom doesn't get that honor w/ me...

I actually agree; Scv= My favorite corps, mainly for this reason