New name for Blue Devils

Hey Big, Go see Fosse, A Chorus Line, Cabaret, Flash Dance, etc and study the use of inanimate objects in dance, think about a nightclub in the 30's... and you're there! :shutup:

Flash Dance!!! Now if they could pull off the water scene... I would be a fan!!!

SIT DOWN! SHUTUP! and PLAY!!!

Edited by cavalier81

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Devils, sponsored by U Haul and Rooms to Go

I'll call them Blue G.I.

Yes, Blue Guard International! The cleanest in the land!

Drum and bugle corps is just not the term I would use for the Blue Devils , at least not this year.

They should now be known as the "Blue Devils outdoor performance ensemble" I didnt see anything that could be called marching, not even for them.

Los Diablos Azul

I know that was your point, G, but it's really just a thread that will invite little but puerile jokes, hatred of any success BD has ever had, and generic statements that they always do easy shows. Seems like you'd know that, though.

Ahhhh, but this IS the Jerry Springer show of drum corps isn't it ?

no difference old design and concept.

Old design? You should know better than anyone that: Energy = Marching times the number of chairs...squared.. The theory of Repeatidity!

Yes, maybe over analysed.....But they are sooooo clean it's incredible!! Having a fast paced moving show and being THAT clean would be over the top! They are very talented!

You're right.. it is that faced paced, it is clean and it is over the top...... :shutup: on top to be exact!

Drum and bugle corps is just not the term I would use for the Blue Devils , at least not this year.

They should now be known as the "Blue Devils outdoor performance ensemble" I didnt see anything that could be called marching, not even for them. Oh and it pains me to state it but I sure would love others opinions.......I waited all year for this show and I just dont understand the score, the hype, and where is the music ? The intensity ? the volume from the brass ??

Minutes on chairs, dragging chairs around, chairs, chairs....CHAIRS !!!! Can you say overkill ?? And too much electronics, but more of that in another post.

What happened ???

Geoffrey

MARSHA! MARSHA! MARSHA! :shutup: