Music in Motion-New Jersey

DISAPPOINTED in CORPS that can NOT even Put their DRUM MAJORS on RETREAT for Scores...WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

That is Dis-respect to the Audience.!!!!

Boo - Crossmen who left right after their performance

Boo - Jersey who left right after their performance.

They can't even leave their drum majors so they can get 1/2 hour extra sleep...I think they should be fined!!!

They have to be in a show in Masillon, OH tonight, their 5th show in 5 nights. Several of those nights were spent entirely on busses. They performed 1st and 2nd in this show and the DM's would have to wait around several hours until the scores were announced.

The only other corps besides Surf and Crossmen that had to get to Ohio by tonight was the Blue Stars. They went on later and the Ohio show will only be their 3rd show night in a row.

I don't blame the Crossmen and Surf for wanting their entire corps to get as much rest as possible at this crucial time of the season.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISAPPOINTED in CORPS that can NOT even Put their DRUM MAJORS on RETREAT for Scores...WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

That is Dis-respect to the Audience.!!!!

Boo - Crossmen who left right after their performance

Boo - Jersey who left right after their performance.

They can't even leave their drum majors so they can get 1/2 hour extra sleep...I think they should be fined!!!

The corps should always travel together dm included. DCI did away with most retreats for the exact reason of why should a corps wait around for hours just for a score or trophy when the could be traveling. And it's not just for a 1/2 of sleep it's because the early corps are almost always the early corps and therefore are ending up with less rehearsal time then everyone else as a result. So get the corps to the housing site, so they can get up early, so they rehearse more, so they can put on a more entertaining product for the audience.

Edited by Big Adam

The corps should always travel together dm included. DCI did away with most retreats for the exact reason of why should a corps wait around for hours just for a score or trophy when the could be traveling. And it's not just for a 1/2 of sleep it's because the early corps are almost always the early corps and therefore are ending up with less rehearsal time then everyone else as a result. So get the corps to the housing site, so they can get up early, so they rehearse more, so they can put on a more entertaining product for the audience.

no excuse for that. The DM's should have been on the field.

How about the PA announcer. Was he the worst? He was asking the DM's if their Corps were ready when their Corps had already started their program. He was awful.

How about the PA announcer. Was he the worst? He was asking the DM's if their Corps were ready when their Corps had already started their program. He was awful.

That's been happening all season at a lot of shows. I was wondering if that is gonna happen at finals as well.

There are a few shows--the Crossmen being one of them--in which that is the way it is designed. They do a "pre-show", the announcer makes the announcement at a pre-set time during that and the official judging begins.

There are a few shows--the Crossmen being one of them--in which that is the way it is designed. They do a "pre-show", the announcer makes the announcement at a pre-set time during that and the official judging begins.

I was gonna say that as well. I know Cadet's show seems to be like that, as well as Crown's.

The PA announcer gets his cues from the staff of the corps. A lot of those corps this year are having a "pre-show" that technically isn't being judged. When the announcer makes his final statement, the corps are officially being judged and their time starts for their program.

I remember seeing a SCV video this year where you can easily hear the staff telling the announcer when to say his stuff (maybe an APD actually).