Little to no Love for The Academy ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the pleasure of volunteering with THE ACADEMY on their two SoCal/Nevada tours. My first time ridin' in a Big Rig with terrific (but a bit bumpy) sleeping accomidations.

The kids, staff, volunteers and truck drivers (Hey George!) have done themselves proud with this years show.

Their successful rise among the ranks of DCI with "The Ascent" has been most gratifying. The opportunity to experience the development and achievement of their journey through the DCI Fan Network and hear the positive

audience response to the Corps performance has been music to this CorpsRelics ears and heart.

GO ACADEMY!....CONGRATULATIONS & Best Wishes in your "Ascent" of Indianapolis...plant your flag with Pride.

from what i saw tonight it could be the music or them but sounds like they are getting alot quieter at the end.

Academy was awesome in 06, but I dont understand why they changed from having the type of horn book that they did in the last few years. I think that book would've been top 12. Listen to all the notes!

Always a great music package, regardless. IMO, and for what its worth, I think Academy should go back to some of what it used to do before it went D1 in 07.

Great corps and fine organization!

I think any other year they'd be getting a lot of attention. They just happen to be doing particularly well at the same time that Troopers are on the verge of making finals, so that's where the sentimental support is going.

Troopers 85.400

Crossmen 83.950

I may be shooting in the dark, but a 3.9 Point jump for Crossmen tonight? Could it be possible that scores were kinda high in Massillion tonight? Perhaps giving our AZ Red a new hope?

It's always hard to say when you change judging panels, but I will say that the word from the Crossmen and reviews of the Massillon show indicate they gave one of their best performances of the year.

I don't think I'm telling "tales out of school" to admit that the Crossmen seemed to be in a bit of a funk for a few shows, including their performance in Allentown.

There's no doubt in my mind that their performance in Massillon was much better than their performance in Allentown. How much better, scorewise, will always depend on the judging panel.

Makes quarterfinals kinda interesting, if the Bones can maintain it.