Fun Stuff to do in Rochester?

When did Nine Mile add another Unit? Unit 3 isn't listed anywhere. Just had to jump in here Tom benig a retired Steamfitter with 3 Nuclear Welding certifications. (certs. are retired too....my bad).

Clarification though.....water depth has nothing to do with Nuclear Power but rather the availabilty of a consistant amount of the stuff. It's all about heat transfer. There is no direct contact with fissionable material. Gina being a PWR, versus Nine Mile 1,2 being BWR's, offers the least chance of contaminents but still perfectly safe.

.......and you thought I was just a teriffic Mellophone player :tongue: O.K. I'm done. Just sayin......

That's it..no beer and no fish from Lake Ontario or Genesee river..you guys are scary..Peashey could sell?? you know... anything to anyone...(didn't want to do the fridges to eskimo bit...) so I say some nice red wine and a sizzlin New York Strip Loin..without the traffic jam.. or a t-bone off the grill...yah and they say fish is healthier go figure..anyone for some lake Ontario Salmon? happy trails!! :thumbup:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh?

Just remember... I learned to drink REAL beer in Kingston Ontario...

lake cleaner on that side??? lol

lake not cleaner..beer more potent!! beef on steroids.....However Wolfe island is a lot nicer with all the windmills..not that I am not into green but so far my energy bill hasn't dropped lol....hey they need to invent a drum corps bus that runs on the energy that DCA's week-end warriors emit all summer...no $$$ problems.....Tom Peashey you need to come to kingston and tour around.......a few pints and hey some irish roots here...I bet years ago a wrong turn and you would have been canadian LOL... :thumbup:

the correct name is Piché... from Québec

freudian slip - planned but blocked by the do-gooders who wanted to make sure we stayed dependent on oil

Water, my God, have we all gone crazy, they still sell rum.

ok, this is tricky. best restaurant on the "lakefront" is prolly Crescent Beach

http://www.crescentbeachinn.com/

but, whether they serve local caught fish is another question. there's long been an advisory about eating fish caught in Ontario. not that you shouldn't, but in moderation. IIRC, they say only once or twice a month and maybe not for pregnant women.

google "eating lake ontario fish" fish for yourself; this is one item I found

http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/lakeont/app-e.pdf

they serve sticky lips BBQ @ crescent beach and you can eat outside. it is beautiful. also starbuck's coffee. YUM

Thank you everybody ...great stuff... although the last time my parents took me to lake Ontario all I can remember were the beaches were full of dead stinkin' fish!. I definitely will have to make a trip to the Eastman house afterwards I TOTALLY dig stuff like that. I may hang out on Monday before i drive up to see fam.

Oh I may check out Finger lakes wine country too, but I have to admit since I live next to Napa, CA I am a little spoiled when it comes to good wine! :-)

Don't let Napa spoil you. I've never been there, but I know oftentimes we get forced fed things to the point where we think we are stupid if we disagree with the norm. I was supposed to believe the remake of Last Dance by Pearl Jam was actually a good song. :tongue: :) I've had Pizza in NY and Cheesesteaks in Philly at Pat's.......frankly, I've had better of both multiple times elsewhere. Point being......you just might enjoy the wine in Ra-cha-cha :)

the correct name is Piché... from Québec

From what I understand, Grenadiers are rehearsing in Fulton, N.Y. before the Cicero comp...that would be in Piche's old stompin grounds??? My question is how far of a drive is it from Fulton to Cicero?? It has been a long time since I was in Fulton...I really hope I can get there on the 15'th..maybe see Denis Morrel and some others who might still be kicken around eh? :tongue: :tongue: