FYI: Cavies pull out of I & E competition today

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys crack me up.

how is it possible to keep the same schedule if you changed it? just listen to yourself LOL.

I feel like I am arguing with a 5 year old who is trying to argue that they want to eat candy for dinner.

And, you guys REALLY think not going to I and E is sooooo dangerous health wise.

they kept the same REHEARSAL schedule.

as in, they rehearsed the same amount of time that they would have had they gone to I&E.. they didn't make the members rehearse more than they would have had they gone to I&E........

yes. you are correct they DID change something ....... they went through their rehearsal schedule for the day.... the parts that said rehearse (if they did at all?) they kept on there. The parts that said DCI I&E, they crossed off and wrote in 'sleep in air mattresses'.

after reading this last post by you however, I realized that trying to show you that your assumption is incorrect, or just getting you to admit you were wrong is going to be like trying to teach a hippopotamus to fly. you are just a mess and it's not going to happen ! :laughing:

so I suppose I am done

To those who insist this move was a wise and necessary precaution....how many of you advised other corps (or DCI) to do the "wise" thing and cancel I&E?

(sound of crickets chirping)

A. They're all big boys and can make their own decisions.

B. No one advised The Cavaliers.

C. Why would the leaders of any of those organizations take advice from someone who isn't there and doesn't have any first hand knowledge of what's going on?

To Tim...

You seem convinced that they are using this time to gather a competitive edge... I was wondering if you were around their rehearsal day today? I happened to stop by to see my best friend only to find out that they spent the time they were getting this competitive edge on their air mattresses. They kept the EXACT same schedule as if they had gone to I and E... So this jump that they are trying to make, that I would like to point out still has them with the second highest scoring average for the summer and has them performing in the second to last position in Quarterfinals tomorrow night. Does this mean they will stay there? No. I would also like to ask you personally if you have ever talked to a staff member or management member of The Cavaliers that has led you to believe that their only goal for the summer is to win win win... just because they have had a string of successes and medals does not mean that is the organizations ultimate goal. Sure, winning is nice... but it seems to me that they win because of a successful design and a very happy team. Why are they happy you ask Tim? Because they are TREATED VERY VERY WELL. Often they are referred to as "Country Club Drum Corps". Why? sleeping until 2... excess of meals, long water breaks that include gator aide provided for them... not to mention A ROUND THE CLOCK, FULL TIME MEDICAL TEAM ON TOUR WITH THEM EVERY DAY AT EVERY REHEARSAL THAT HELPS GUIDE THE MANAGEMENT TO MAKE DECISIONS REGARDING THE CORPS SAFETY AND WELL BEING... That being said, I would really like to know how you, Tim, have more insight into the decision of over 30 plus years of experience in education that Bruno has along with lord knows how much experience the medical team, rest of the management, and staff has? To think that they would pull out of I and E to add 3 hours of rehearsal to win is the absurd logic here. Is it a drastic move, heck yes... is it the right move in their eyes to keep this sickness away from their members that I'm sure they have tirelessly fought to do all summer? YES it is... Hate to be the one to say it, but if they don't have it by now, 3 extra hours probably won't help. So maybe, Tim... before you go attacking the logic of an organization that has been around for 60 plus years, you could back off and see the big picture.... The other corps didn't pull out because they CHOSE not to pull out. I would imagine they were privy to all of the same information The Cavaliers were, so if they decide it is not a big risk for THEM, congrats.

All this being said, my best friend told me personally that Bruno sat them ALL down, leveled with them, and then asked for the corps to vote to get a general consensus as to how the members felt... it is my understanding that there was an overwhelming majority in favor of not putting themselves at risk. A corps understanding their management team is taking care of them? hmm what a concept... So maybe you're right Tim... they were getting a competitive edge today... Resting and Rejuvenating... it must of helped, because their rehearsal tonight was on fire.

Maybe next time before you insinuate something, or state what you think is going on in such a strong manner (which you definitely have the right to do), you should gather ALLLLLLLLLLLLL of the facts... From all the facts I've gathered from your posts... my opinion is.... Tim, you really put your foot in your mouth.

Go Bruno.

Go Staff.

Go Cavaliers.

Prayers are with the sick members of other corps that they will get to participate this weekend. Get well soon.

THIS

You guys crack me up.

how is it possible to keep the same schedule if you changed it? just listen to yourself LOL.

I feel like I am arguing with a 5 year old who is trying to argue that they want to eat candy for dinner.

And, you guys REALLY think not going to I and E is sooooo dangerous health wise.

NOT THIS