FYI: Cavies pull out of I & E competition today

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies will use the extra time for a clinic run by Sylvester Stallone who will prepare them for their new "Cliffhanger" ending.

So long as they don't replicate the disaster on the Matterhorn...

And DutDutOut...brilliant!

...might it be that they are trying to avoid exposure.... lets suppose 1 person from a currently "sick" corps happens along an otherwise healthy Cavalier, who has not had the bug yet.... and he takes it back to the rest of the corps... and it spreads, just in time for Thurs, Fri or Saturday... well heck, sounds like they'd like to be competitive, healthy and end the season on a strong, positive and WELL note.... and maybe, just maybe, they'd like to stay healthy for AFTER the season is over and send their men home well and ready for band camps, school, etc..... I'd do it... and I'm sure that Bruno and everyone got together and discussed what is best for the members. Stop hating on them.... really.

First of all, are you kidding me? "Stop hating on them.... really." Get real.,,

Your justification for why it was a good decesion is compelte and utter nonsense.

Let me ask you this: Why should any corps go to I&E? Even if they are sending completely healthy members they run the risk of getting sick. Are you insane? Under these principles no corps should send a single person to I&E.

This is purely a competitive move. They CAN'T implement new changes with members gone. Between the travel time, time at I&E and the return trip it would pretty much keep any new changes from being implemented. It is as simple as that. I love the cavaliers and I think they should have just decided to make this change much earlier. One of my good friends is up in Indy and FLEW in a few days early to see his roommate play.

First of all, are you kidding me? "Stop hating on them.... really." Get real.,,

Your justification for why it was a good decesion is compelte and utter nonsense.

Let me ask you this: Why should any corps go to I&E? Even if they are sending completely healthy members they run the risk of getting sick. Are you insane? Under these principles no corps should send a single person to I&E.

This is purely a competitive move. They CAN'T implement new changes with members gone. Between the travel time, time at I&E and the return trip it would pretty much keep any new changes from being implemented. It is as simple as that. I love the cavaliers and I think they should have just decided to make this change much earlier. One of my good friends is up in Indy and FLEW in a few days early to see his roommate play.

You know, most of the top corps haven't sent too many members to I&E in recent years. If you look at the results over the last decade, there will probably be an overabundance of Cavaliers listed. In addition, the entire corps typically goes to support the participants.

So, complete and utter nonsense? Really?

So the REAL question of the day is....

Is I&E becoming irrelevant?

edited for poor grammar

Edited by DCImonkey

You know, most of the top corps haven't sent too many members to I&E in recent years. If you look at the results over the last decade, there will probably be an overabundance of Cavaliers listed. In addition, the entire corps typically goes to support the participants.

So, complete and utter nonsense? Really?

What does this have to do with anything?

The idea that the entire corps should stay out in the sun to rehearse and avoid a day in the AC supporting participants doesn't really go in line with saving them members from getting sick.

This sudden decision raises two questions for me:

1. How is I&E participation any more of a disease risk than any other public performance like Allentown, or quarterfinals?

2. Are they isolating the corps (and instructional staff) from parents, friends and fans? Some of them carry germs too.

Whatever it takes to avoid "hornthrax" is a step in the right direction in my book!

LOL