The Oil Can Is Ready To Go!

If they have the curtain up, then I can't imagine the roof or window will open. Just like opening the doors and windows at your house, there's a breeze that will blow through the stadium. At the games I attended, the championship banners got twisted around on themselves. I can't imagine what kind of havoc a breeze would do to that curtain.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea what they plan for this contest. For reference though, here's a photo I took from the end of the Patriots game last fall. We were seated in the stands pictured in the OP, and could look straight ahead at the Indy skyline. If you look closely, you can see the lit roof of Indy's Chase Tower through the window. (In fact, the first game, I went to I was seated in the same area, but much higher, and could see the roof of the RCA Dome at the time.)

n6806987_47513154_1638.jpg

Notice how the whole shape of the window is much larger, and the upper stands are smaller. Also, there's an open area between the first and second decks. That's an open concourse that you walk into immediately upon entering the stadium, and in fact was where the broadcasters sat for the Countdown this spring.

Yeah, okay, I see it. I was turned around, because I thought the drum corps seating was on the opposite side of the stadium that it's really on. And maybe the greater expanse of glass on that end does mean they want an end zone curtain covering that end for acoustics.

Good point on maybe needing to keep the window and roof closed if the curtain(s) is/are up. That may be one reason some DCI or Lucas Oil officials were suggesting the roof would be closed no matter what the weather forecast said.

Here's the scoop. I'm at LOS now, there is only a curtain over the back stands. Window and roof is closed. It's perfect outside so I don't anticipate them having the roof open, ever, based on the decision today.

I don't know how anyone could describe the sound in here to be excellent. I'd say good, considering it's indoors. It's not the same head splitting echo that RCA had, but there is a definitive low frequency rumble and reverb that is distracting.

That's my 2 cents.

Here's the scoop. I'm at LOS now, there is only a curtain over the back stands. Window and roof is closed. It's perfect outside so I don't anticipate them having the roof open, ever, based on the decision today.

I don't know how anyone could describe the sound in here to be excellent. I'd say good, considering it's indoors. It's not the same head splitting echo that RCA had, but there is a definitive low frequency rumble and reverb that is distracting.

That's my 2 cents.

Where are you seated? Upper deck? Lower deck? to the side? down the middle?

Edited by pags

OPEN THE ROOF!!!

seconded.

OPEN THE ROOF!!!

OPEN THE ROOF!!!

Easy to request (for us), likely much harder to do (for them). I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is an additional cost associated with opening the roof and/or window.

Easy to request (for us), likely much harder to do (for them). I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is an additional cost associated with opening the roof and/or window.

serious question - does dci have a competent lawyer? from what ive heard, a lot of the wording in that Lucas Oil contract was poor.

I'm in 441. That's the upper club level and I'm seated on the left 30 yard line.