The Oil Can Is Ready To Go!

You mean we actually have to go there and hear and see it for ourselves before throwing a hissy fit and criticizing up and down and swearing never again will we ever buy a $10 ticket to see a Bingo match there??

And you've been a DCP member since 2003?

Actually, I think it's longer than 2003, because there was some hiccup with the system and we had to start over.

No hissy fits please.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound is actually very good. Indiana High School Marching Band finals were there last year and the sound quality was excellent...and that was WITH the windows and roof closed.

Really, people, take a pill. It's an outstanding venue.

I'm really curious as to whether or not the acoustics are like your average domed venue.

OK, well that's the window seen in the photo in the OP.

no, the photo in the OP is of the window that does not open.

I think the Georgia Dome is pretty darn good, especially compared to the crap I heard at the RCA Dome. So if LCO is better than the GA Dome, I'll be ecstatic!

If LOS is anything like Reliant in Houston (and I thought they were the same basic design?), it oughta be fine. I've seen bowl games at Reliant, and the bands at halftime sounded better than they do at the Alamodome, to be sure.

Mike

Really? Are they not going with the second curtain in the end zone? Or did they always plan to keep the functional window covered?

I've no idea what they plan for this contest. For reference though, here's a photo I took from the end of the Patriots game last fall. We were seated in the stands pictured in the OP, and could look straight ahead at the Indy skyline. If you look closely, you can see the lit roof of Indy's Chase Tower through the window. (In fact, the first game, I went to I was seated in the same area, but much higher, and could see the roof of the RCA Dome at the time.)

n6806987_47513154_1638.jpg

Notice how the whole shape of the window is much larger, and the upper stands are smaller. Also, there's an open area between the first and second decks. That's an open concourse that you walk into immediately upon entering the stadium, and in fact was where the broadcasters sat for the Countdown this spring.

Goog grief, it seems as if nothing will make some of you happy, the solution is just dont friggin come to the show if all you can do is dislike everything about the venue. Yep your right this is my first post, let the bashing and flaming flipping begin. Just remember you dont have to be here, you do by choice.

At LOS right now. Window and roof are both currently closed. No idea if thy will open it by showtime, but this would be the best day for it. In the 80s and not a cloud in the sky.