The Oil Can Is Ready To Go!

My local central Indiana forecast removed the chance of rain for this weekend. And they upped the temps. It's going to be over 90. And if that holds, I'd bet on LOS being open air.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been there, but my recollection is that the windows at the top of both end zone seating areas can slide open, including the ones shown in this photo. Again, there's not enough open area exposed by these windows, in my opinion, to make the sound significantly better.

Only the window in the opposite end zone, facing towards the Indianapolis skyline, opens.

Right now the chance of rain in Indy is 0% all day. Last week one of the DCI board members told me the roof would be open if there was zero chance of rain. So will the roof and windows be open?

Talked to some people and they said it will be closed all three nights.

...and we all gladly handed over money to watch it!

This may be it for us.

MIKE

...and we all gladly handed over money to watch it!

This may be it for us.

MIKE

This may be it for DCI. I've heard rumors of them signing too many contracts and all.

Let DCI fail.

This may be it for DCI. I've heard rumors of them signing too many contracts and all.

Let DCI fail.

Oh, shoot, okay, well that settles it.

/showing up at Lucas Oil Saturday night at 6:25 with a megaphone:

ATTENTION! ATTENTION, drum corps fans! 3rd_Star_Brigade heard a rumor that DCI signed too many contracts and all, and he wants it to fail. Shut this party down! Turn out the lights! Unplug the amps! It's over!

The sound is actually very good. Indiana High School Marching Band finals were there last year and the sound quality was excellent...and that was WITH the windows and roof closed.

Really, people, take a pill. It's an outstanding venue.

Edited by SBrancheau

You mean we actually have to go there and hear and see it for ourselves before throwing a hissy fit and criticizing up and down and swearing never again will we ever buy a $10 ticket to see a Bingo match there??

And you've been a DCP member since 2003?