Hey Dennis Delucia

It's not an attack on the Blue Stars. It's good programming. But my point is, if they took it out, I think the connection would be less obvious and most people would say they don't feel it.

Ok, I can see that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not an attack on the Blue Stars. It's good programming. But my point is, if they took it out, I think the connection would be less obvious and most people would say they don't feel it.

And would those people be horribly biased and/or unfairly slamming the Blue Stars? Or would they be reacting to the design of the show?

Blue Stars put in the clip, and it works. Perhaps Glassmen's staff need to do something similar, or something completely different, or just enhance what they're already doing. I don't know, but I do know that their show isn't grabbing me.

And when it comes to my personal, subjective, totally irrational biases, then if Boston can grab me, then Glassmen should have no trouble.

Keep your annoying and obviously biased comments to yourself.

You had good things to say about every corps tonight after they performed but the Glassmen...You did this in 2007 also. Get the chip off your shoulder and shut your pie hole.

I hate to tell you this, but his comments were spot on. And I'm not the only that thinks so. Sorry bud.

Oh, and Bravo for representing your organization so well. As a former DM and all...

Edited by Newseditor44

And would those people be horribly biased and/or unfairly slamming the Blue Stars? Or would they be reacting to the design of the show?

Blue Stars put in the clip, and it works. Perhaps Glassmen's staff need to do something similar, or something completely different, or just enhance what they're already doing. I don't know, but I do know that their show isn't grabbing me.

And when it comes to my personal, subjective, totally irrational biases, then if Boston can grab me, then Glassmen should have no trouble.

I think it's ridiculous, quite frankly, that an audio clip should enhance emotional connection when it should be musical themes from the hornline and visual themes from the color guard that should be doing this. To me, the Glassmen have all of that. Specifically, when they play the "one is the loneliest number" motif in many instances throughout the show while there is a marching or guard soloist performing alone on the field, as well as during the ballad. I feel a tangible aura of loneliness in the stadium. But I guess one man's emotion is another man's boredom.

I think it's ridiculous, quite frankly, that an audio clip should enhance emotional connection when it should be musical themes from the hornline and visual themes from the color guard that should be doing this. To me, the Glassmen have all of that. Specifically, when they play the "one is the loneliest number" motif in many instances throughout the show while there is a marching or guard soloist performing alone on the field, as well as during the ballad. I feel a tangible aura of loneliness in the stadium. But I guess one man's emotion is another man's boredom.

Well I think it's ridiculous that a drum corps should get to spend five minutes re-arraigning furniture...

er... chairs...

er... props...

on a field and then win visual performance by over a point. But hey, life isn't always fair now is it.

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but this isn't drum corps anymore. We've officially moved into the building, it's OK to call it BOA.

Well I think it's ridiculous that a drum corps should get to spend five minutes re-arraigning furniture...

er... chairs...

er... props...

on a field and then win visual performance by over a point. But hey, life isn't always fair now is it.

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but this isn't drum corps anymore. We've officially moved into the building, it's OK to call it BOA.

I do have to agree with that. I watch the videos of corps pre-2000 and it was all about the music. Granted, there were some shows with props and magic tricks (scv 89) but it was still, All. About. The music. I think that if the theatrical element was thrown out, that the top 12 this year would be mixed up like some sort of alphabet soup. hmmm... wonder what it would be like... *slips into daydream*

I do have to agree with that. I watch the videos of corps pre-2000 and it was all about the music. Granted, there were some shows with props and magic tricks (scv 89) but it was still, All. About. The music. I think that if the theatrical element was thrown out, that the top 12 this year would be mixed up like some sort of alphabet soup. hmmm... wonder what it would be like... *slips into daydream*

Like this

http://www.dci.org/scores/recap/view.cfm?e...d=42&full=1

in response to the original glassmen comment,

I actually agree that the show is flat. Nothing against the performers, it was just one of those shows that didn't do anything for me unfortunately. I wasn't at today's showing in theaters so I don't know about what Dennis said. All I know is that I agree with him; I just don't know if he said it wrong. heh okay that was probably confusing

I personally really like glassmen overall and the show except for the synth. I've never liked either of the commentators or bothered listening/caring about what they say anyways, if he doesn't like the show then good for him.