Who else on here marched DCI 72

Since the original 1972 DCI finals videos belonged to the late Jim Jones of the Troopers this probably isn't true.

Scott Gordon, who worked on the project posts on here, maybe he'll weigh in on why those particular corps are missing.

Those corps may have been on the same reel.

Hi - yeah I was the one that restored the video and put the set together. We have no idea where the missing reels are (there are two missing reels - two corps per reel). If we knew where they were, I'd be at that person's doorstep myself.

It is my best guess that they got "loaned out" 30 years ago, and were forgotten and never returned. That's what happened with one of the other reels (that WAS found). Hopefully they still exist and will turn up in someone's closet somewhere, someday.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Leo--I didn't get to DCI till '73 with DP Vanguard--the corp had fallen apart by then and we took 20th but I remember staying at Whitewater and watching Bridgemen rehearse--man those sopranos knocked me out---dut digadadigada etc. deal in your opener is remembered to this day! We got about twenty people to sing it perfectly--triple tongue and all at a Men of Brass function about 2 years ago. The guy that started it off was dude named Cisco--you should remember him as the Blue Stars soloist in the early 70's. Bad A##. He just said Bridgemen--1 2 3 4 and everyone kicked it at once!! Funny as heel! Quite the moment!!! Must be nice to be remembered after all these years.

Yes it is nice and nice to see that the triple tonging is still remembered till this day. A whole lot of hours before and after practice went into getting that down pat.

Hi - yeah I was the one that restored the video and put the set together. We have no idea where the missing reels are (there are two missing reels - two corps per reel). If we knew where they were, I'd be at that person's doorstep myself.

It is my best guess that they got "loaned out" 30 years ago, and were forgotten and never returned. That's what happened with one of the other reels (that WAS found). Hopefully they still exist and will turn up in someone's closet somewhere, someday.

Off Topic...

Hey Scott, any idea when that '73 DVD will be released? I'm saving my pennies and will be first in line to purchase when the announcement is made. The '72 DVD is AWESOME and worth every penny!!

Thanks for all of your hard work. :worthy:

BTW, did I mention I marched in '72 also? :blink::tongue:

Hey Scott, any idea when that '73 DVD will be released? I'm saving my pennies and will be first in line to purchase when the announcement is made.

The restorations are done. Steve is working on obtaining the rights. Lots of great stuff in the works.

The '72 DVD is AWESOME and worth every penny!!

Thank you for your kind words. It was an honor to see those shows for the first time.

BTW, did I mention I marched in '72 also? :sarcasm::wink:

Then, :worthy: right back at you!

Off Topic...

Hey Scott, any idea when that '73 DVD will be released? I'm saving my pennies and will be first in line to purchase when the announcement is made. The '72 DVD is AWESOME and worth every penny!!

BTW, did I mention I marched in '72 also? :sarcasm::worthy:

Same here will have my money there loved 72 got to see myself on Video. Can't wait for 73 to come out.