Who else on here marched DCI 72

I've got lots of repertoires and scores from back then, Keith (much more than you'll find on any website).

What in particular would you like to see?

I'd like to see all the Northwest corps reps from '72, '73, '74, and '76 (there's a selfish theme here). Also all Patriots and Renaissance scores from those years. Pics would be amazing too!

I would PM you for these but maybe others would like to see these as well. As I mentioned before, this particular info seems hard to come by.

If memory serves we lost a few shows in '72 to those invaders from Concord...

Thanks Brian.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed finals, placing 14th in prelims.

I think it still depended on when the corps sent their registrations in to DCI. When you look at the order of appearance at 1972 DCI prelims, they are pretty random.

Des Plaines Vanguard, who finished 7th at finals in '72, were the second corps to step off in prelims. The Argonne Rebels, who were 5th at finals were the fifth corps to appear at prelims. The Anaheim Kingsmen, who went on to win the title were sixth to appear at prelims, etc.

Though your picks are random, those three corps had about the coolest shows that year! Argonne with the killer horns, DPV with the "original" West Side and Planets, (crowd favorite) and the Kingsmen who just hung it out to dry, finally beating the Blue Stars, who owned them all year. What a show down!!! And the funny thing is, the first picture we see of the show has a caption that hails the Kingsmen as champs yet the photo on the cover clearly shows the DP Vanguard. Dewey Defeats Truman---HA!

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

QUOTE (Robert Kirby @ Aug 12 2009, 11:28 PM)

Can anyone say how the order of appearance for prelims was determined?

I think it still depended on when the corps sent their registrations in to DCI. When you look at the order of appearance at 1972 DCI prelims, they are pretty random.

This is exactly how World Open operated. Your postmaked envelope with entry fee determined your prelims order. First app received went on last.

I was there. 14 years old; St. Andrew's Bridgemen rifle line. Great memories of Whitewater.

Bridgemen 72 rocked. I was so impressed with the triple tonguing in the show and feature that I got out my Arban's book and started learning how to do it.

Wow - is that 8 (or 9??) seasons with one junior corps? Quite an accomplishment. Any idea what the record is?

I don't know if it's a record, but LuAnn Cruz marched with the Geneseo Knights from 1975 through 1987, every year. She started when she was 9, aged out as Guard Sergeant.