Carolina Crown's Missed Opportunity to Win the Championship.

Agree completely.

However, It wasn't just World Championships where judging was odd at times, but the season as a whole had some out there stuff going on.

Would it be incorrect to say that the possibility is strong that Carolina Crown would most likely have finished in 3rd place had a Cadets drummer not fallen down thereby effecting both their visual, GE, and percussion scores ?

Might it also be true that the Blue Knights might have stayed ahead of the Glassmen had they not have had a collision of 2 members right in the beginning of their performance on Finals Night ? Hey these things happen.

Crown finished 2nd because the Cadets had some unfortunate things occur, and thus Crown DESERVED to finish in 2nd place, not 3rd place. And good for them. ( as well as good for the Glassmen )

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOOkkk... so let's just forget the fact the Finals hasn't even happened yet. AND, I hardly thing that placing third in Visual and Visual GE is "struggling." I understand how much you want them to win, as I want SCV to win but automatically assuming they will not get Gold? C'mon now. Drum Corps is one of the only sports, in my opinion at least, where a "team" does not have to be champion in order to be remembered. And I bet you anything that this Crown show will go down as one of the most memorable this season.

Like 'em or hate 'em, nobody can deny that Crown has been on the rise for the last five years. I gotta say that this year's show has really grown on me. I knew watching the Thursday broadcast that they wouldn't take the title--there were just too many macroscopic visual problems with spacing and form alignment to get cleaned by Saturday. But that horn line is just fantastic. They've achieved a rare thing: they've created a signature sound that is unmistakably theirs. And that sound helped them beat the Blue Devils(!) in brass.

Every Crown fan and alumnus out there has every reason to be so pleased with the organization. In 2002, they dropped out of finals; seven years later, they're knocking on the championship door.

Like 'em or hate 'em, nobody can deny that Crown has been on the rise for the last five years. I gotta say that this year's show has really grown on me. I knew watching the Thursday broadcast that they wouldn't take the title--there were just too many macroscopic visual problems with spacing and form alignment to get cleaned by Saturday. But that horn line is just fantastic. They've achieved a rare thing: they've created a signature sound that is unmistakably theirs. And that sound helped them beat the Blue Devils(!) in brass.

Every Crown fan and alumnus out there has every reason to be so pleased with the organization. In 2002, they dropped out of finals; seven years later, they're knocking on the championship door.

Exactly. Good grief, they did move up in the standings this year. And they could just as easily have finished in 3rd place at Finals, instead of 2nd place. They didn't " miss their opportunity " this year. The Blue Devils simply" grabbbed their opportunity " and won convincingly. Crown ( like others ) gave it their best shot. There is nothing to fret about. It's not like Crown squandered an opportunity or anything. They got beat. But in the porcess they entertained a lot of us . I'd say they all in all they had a heck of a year.

Well..... yes..... their will be people that will say " Crown was preordained to win 2010" because of 2009.

It's part of the conspiracy "sympathy " cabal that is present apparently.

I prefer to refer to them as conspiracy-theory freaks, or CTFs. At least this year, they have been relatively subdued. The favorite won last Saturday, and things went according to plan. Last year, the favorite did not win, and the CTFs were out in full force.

The CTFs only rear themselves when things do not go according to plan. That's when the CTFs break free from their leashes. That's when they become really scary. :unhappy:

Hopefully next year, if Crown wins every show, including finals, then things will go according to plan. Then no one will complain, Crown will be happy, and the CTFs will simply go away, and leave us alone.

Then CTFs can go back to doing what they do best: hanging out in their mother's basement, eating Pop-Tarts for every meal, and looking at satellite pictures of Area 51, for evidence of alien spacecraft........

It's easy to clean a visual show when you don't march much. BD didn't deserve to win anything visually.

So, you prefer visual shows that are too hard to clean?

Personally, I find them sloppy and unprofessional and not much fun to watch.

But to each his own, the judges disagreed with you in a big way about the 99.05 scoring Blue Devils, that's for sure! :unhappy:

If this " preordained " nonsense is believed now, I don't see it suddenly disappearing next year, Michael.

It has been preordained that you are indeed correct. :shutup:

...Then CTFs can go back to doing what they do best: hanging out in their mother's basement, eating Pop-Tarts for every meal, and looking at satellite pictures of Area 51, for evidence of alien spacecraft........

Area 51 aerial view.

blackairplanes_485.jpg

Carolina Crown logo.

crown_logo.314124155.jpg

Coincidence?

Area 51 aerial view.

blackairplanes_485.jpg

Carolina Crown logo.

crown_logo.314124155.jpg

Coincidence?

Oooooooo....That's spooky! That could explain the green.

Oooooooo....That's spooky! That could explain the green.

Then chew on this one, from the website from Bruce People's campaign for the Roswell city council.

We are blessed in Roswell to have such an outstanding network of parks and recreation programs available. They are jewels in Roswell’s crown

"Roswell's crown." I don't care if he capitalized it or not. There IS a conspiracy!