Carolina Crown's Missed Opportunity to Win the Championship.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Crown will lose tonight because it was "pre-ordained" after last year that BD would win this year! Has nothing to do with Crown or anyone else.

Sadly...so true! :unhappy:

Sadly...so true! :unhappy:

I've got to totally disagree with the whole "BD was pre-ordained to win after 2008" conspiracy. Thinking it was pre-ordained pretty much slaps the BD kids in the face as it implies it had little to do with them working their butts off all year to strive for perfection.

If Crown wins next year, will it be said their victory was pre-ordained because of what happened this year? I sure hope not. That would be an insult to Crown as the same idea is an insult to Blue Devils.

I've got to totally disagree with the whole "BD was pre-ordained to win after 2008" conspiracy. Thinking it was pre-ordained pretty much slaps the BD kids in the face as it implies it had little to do with them working their butts off all year to strive for perfection.

If Crown wins next year, will it be said their victory was pre-ordained because of what happened this year? I sure hope not. That would be an insult to Crown as the same idea is an insult to Blue Devils.

If you are going to compare...you must compare apples to apples....

Crown would never sink to the level of putting a half-### performance on the field where all they did was sit and play knowing that the judges would give it to them even if they only had HALF the demand in their show as the other corps. Crown will always bring it! Take their past couple of years (07-09) as perfect examples! :unhappy:

Edited by Steven69

The notion that Crown was "robbed" of this year's title is completely absurd! I was embarrassed by the response of many Blue Devil fans after last year's upset, which was a true upset in the sense BD was actually winning and was passed at Finals. Crown had a great show, and YES the drill was harder. But I have a news flash for anyone who thinks Crown was robbed... the show was not as clean as BD, especially visually. So we're back at the age old difficulty vs. execution connundrum. Comparing Crown and BD from someone who was there... look at the foot timing, the posture, the clarity of sets, etc. BD was VERY clean this year and they were on top the entire season because of it. Just look at the visual scores... that is not a gimme it is simply great execution. Also, the BD guard and percussion were ridiculous! (BD drums had a 19.9 at semis) They earned this one... sorry haters quit complaining.

Congratulations to Crown for an amazing season and fabulous Finals performance. They were definitely the crowd favorite and should be proud of that! But seriously, when were they close to overtaking BD?

I love the drill, butttttt I agree the marching and things are very sloppy, the hornline is by far the best in my opinion the loudest, though BD's and Cadets put up a good fight, Crown's hornline dominates plain and simple. I agree if they can pull it next year to where they can get the visual down alot then they may have a good shot It takes time for a corps to get good, and Crown has been around to where they now have put the time forward and they are shining Id love to be able to march with them after high school (im a junior) personally for corps I believe that you may win, but if you will always win if the crowd loves your show and if its one of their favorites you'll be remembered for years to come. Though some years youll win but there nothing I praise cavaliers niagra falls, I like 95 cavaliers that was a good show, out of 2007 I dont really think oh yeah those guys cause they won, I remember triple Crown, that was a show right there, it connected to the audience I felt. as for this year Ill remember the BD's and their chairs, buuut Ill always look back on Carolina Crowns show, the Cavaliers, and Boston Crusaders shows, and vanguards, Crown was just a plain awsome show. Cavaliers had a cool storyline, Boston had a GREAT designed show, and vanguard was just so beautiful. its just in my personal view people love a corps for what they are and the show designs they have, if you win the crowd then you'll be remembered for years to come, but if you win the championships but not many people liked the show, then you wont be talked about on a daily basis, thats my take

The notion that Crown was "robbed" of this year's title is completely absurd! I was embarrassed by the response of many Blue Devil fans after last year's upset, which was a true upset in the sense BD was actually winning and was passed at Finals. Crown had a great show, and YES the drill was harder. But I have a news flash for anyone who thinks Crown was robbed... the show was not as clean as BD, especially visually. So we're back at the age old difficulty vs. execution connundrum. Comparing Crown and BD from someone who was there... look at the foot timing, the posture, the clarity of sets, etc. BD was VERY clean this year and they were on top the entire season because of it. Just look at the visual scores... that is not a gimme it is simply great execution. Also, the BD guard and percussion were ridiculous! (BD drums had a 19.9 at semis) They earned this one... sorry haters quit complaining.

Congratulations to Crown for an amazing season and fabulous Finals performance. They were definitely the crowd favorite and should be proud of that! But seriously, when were they close to overtaking BD?

Not trying to jump on the wagon here ... but clean hasn't been the sole deciding factor in a win since 1983.

I do feel BD was cleaner. I do feel BD had better visual execution. I do believe Crown won brass as they should have. I do believe Crown should have won GE Music (but I have already posted at length about my dislike for the structure of this caption).

I do believe BD probably still should have won the title.

I do believe that the spreads are rediculous and the final score shows a major problem with the judging system.

I would much rather have seen BD win by .1 with a score of 97.6 than a 99.05. They were 99.05 clean .. but not a 99.05 design, brass book or visual book. The subjectivity of the GE captions were heavily skewed toward execution this year and had little weight or regard for 6 of the 8 criteria listed on the REP portion of the sheet. I could see BD getting a 9.0 on Design and a 9.9 on Performance GE ... but that's about as much as I"ll give them. Same can be said for Visual GE.

My personal opinion is that BD still would have won based on their execution in the other captions ... but my personal opinion with regards to the GE caption is that it's FORKED and is worth too many points. Maybe REP should be it's own caption with much clearer definition and worth 20 points on it's own. I only saw 1 or 2 judges all season give BD a higher performance score than the rep score .. and in my opinion those judges were calling it right.

Last opinion - RANK AND RATE SHOULD BE PUNISHED!!! There is no room for it in this activity. If 2 corps deserve a 9.8 .. then give them both the score. If they both deserve 10's .. then give them the score. Bumping up the top6 or 7 by .1 to rank them inflates scores and deflates scores on the lower end. It's not cool and POOR FORM on the part of the judging community.

That is all.

Well..... yes..... their will be people that will say " Crown was preordained to win 2010" because of 2009.

It's part of the conspiracy "sympathy " cabal that is present apparently.

So, absolutely there will be a repeat of the " sympathy " card that the judges will deliver to Carolina Crown should they win next year with some fans. Not by me. But with others. What makes us think that the conspiracy " sympathy " cabal with suddenly disappear next year should Carolina Crown win ? If this " preordained " nonsense is believed now, I don't see it suddenly disappearing next year, Michael.

Edited by BRASSO

The notion that Crown was "robbed" of this year's title is completely absurd!

Agree completely.

However, It wasn't just World Championships where judging was odd at times, but the season as a whole had some out there stuff going on.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters