Not Attending Finals - How will you get through the night?

So I'm sitting here in my living room on a glorius East Bay morning, suddenly disconnected from the DCI Cine-and-Webcast streams after two days of remote viewing. Now it's down-to-the-wire, Open and World Class titles are on the line and, for whatever reason, DCI goes dark on this most momentus of occasions.

I'm a nail-biter myself. Until sometime after 7:30 California time, when the final scores are announced, I will be looking at my watch every 5 minutes wondering what is going on in the Oil Can.

So what to do?

I'll be doing a few chores, hitting a few stores and the local farmer's market, and then hopping on my motorcycle headed for parts unknown (well, not really, as I know most of the parts around here ... but anyway.)

So what will you do to fill up the time?

I have my Fan Network and DVDs so I was thinking about putting together my list of all time best 12 20 shows.

for me...in order by year....and I apologize in advance...these are from 1993 to present.

1993 - Phantom Regiment

1993 - Cadets

1994 - Blue Devils

1995 - Madison Scouts

1995 - Cavies

1995 - Crown

1999 - SCV

2000 - Cadets

2000 - Cavies

2001 - Cavies

2002 - Cavies

2004 - Madison Scouts (son's last year in DCI)

2004 - Crown (first time they cracked 90)

2005 - Phantom Regiment

2006 - Phantom Regiment

2006 - Cavies

2006 - SCV

2006 - Bluecoats

2008 - Blue Devils

2008 - Phantom Regiment

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So what will you do to fill up the time?

Heh, well I had planned to go, but a different concert is taking place the same night. I'll be watching the Decemberists a couple blocks northeast from the stadium tonight, waiting to find out the results after the show lets out.

oh i'll enjoy the lack of horrendous echo in my basement too

Heh, well I had planned to go, but a different concert is taking place the same night. I'll be watching the Decemberists a couple blocks northeast from the stadium tonight, waiting to find out the results after the show lets out.

Decemberists!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very jealous. My most recent favorite band. Great guitar!!!

You've got more willpower and reserve than me ... Don't think I could live that close and not go. Regardless of how much the stadium sucks.

Decemberists!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very jealous. My most recent favorite band. Great guitar!!!

Haha, that's some good taste you have there Tom. Decemberists are easily of one my top three bands, and I'd have to think about who the other two would be. I was booked for finals originally, but swapped out my tickets for semis when I found out that Colin Meloy and crew were coming to town.

It's Doubly annoying for me because the Braves are on the West Coast in Los Angeles and their game doesn't start til 10pm!

*sigh*

Haha, that's some good taste you have there Tom. Decemberists are easily of one my top three bands, and I'd have to think about who the other two would be. I was booked for finals originally, but swapped out my tickets for semis when I found out that Colin Meloy and crew were coming to town.

My boys hooked me and them and then I saw them on the Colbert Report. When they are next in the Valley, I will be one of the oldest audience members.