DCI Health Club

Anytime someone questions the athleticism of drum corps I always point them to an old picture of me from high school. When I graduated, I was 6'1" and 250lbs. After 4 years of drum corps I was still 6'1" but had lost over 80lbs. Now I run regularly (training for the NYC marathon now), eat healthier, and have managed to keep my weight off for the 5 years since I aged out. A trend I hope to continue. I just want to thank DCI, Pioneer, and Glassmen for what I have accomplished. I truly believe drum corps has saved my life.

4884_815237660168_13716252_47301534_1871046_n.jpg

Do you have before and after pics? If so, post them here. The "drum corps diet" really works.

:tongue::cool:

this is a good thread... if people don't have pics, they can at least post their story?

I dropped 20 pounds from January - May before my first year and 20 more on tour. Unfortunately I haven't kept it off like you have, but I am starting an effort to return to May weight of my rookie year.

Anytime someone questions the athleticism of drum corps I always point them to an old picture of me from high school. When I graduated, I was 6'1" and 250lbs. After 4 years of drum corps I was still 6'1" but had lost over 80lbs. Now I run regularly (training for the NYC marathon now), eat healthier, and have managed to keep my weight off for the 5 years since I aged out. A trend I hope to continue. I just want to thank DCI, Pioneer, and Glassmen for what I have accomplished. I truly believe drum corps has saved my life

Do you have before and after pics? If so, post them here. The "drum corps diet" really works.

Holy crap, dude! Congrats! :tongue:

That's AWESOME!!! Congrats, man! I love hearing stories about that, especially people who are making a conscious effort to stay in shape. Great work to you!!

My first summer I lost 25lbs and came back looking emaciated, but in great shape.

then college happened.

Then I marched the next summer and lost it all again.

then college happened. twice...without marching those summers.

Then I marched my age-out and lost 30lbs. I came back skinner than I had ever been and people thought I had an eating disorder.

Losing a lot of weight is great if you need to. I didn't really need to...but my body has since then equaled out and I'm "average."

I was always the opposite, I'd put weight on. Being a skinny dood with a fast metabolism, the consistency of meals and the high carbs really helped me out, and any weight I put on was welcome weight.

I was always the opposite, I'd put weight on. Being a skinny dood with a fast metabolism, the consistency of meals and the high carbs really helped me out, and any weight I put on was welcome weight.

You are excused! :tongue:

:tongue:

cool story.

I'm kind on the same boat as the people who will either gain weight or at least stay the same, though. I'm 5'6 and I weigh 130. We'll see what 3 summers of drum corps does.

I was always the opposite. I gained weight during the summer all 3 years I marched. I'd like to think it was muscle mass. Some of it may have been (I never had a very regular work-out regimen in the off-season), but they were feeding us pretty well! :tongue: