Blue Devils win!

Too bad...Crown should have won.

Jesus, you couldn't wait till the off season to say something this stupid?!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to:

BD for winning with an amazing jazz and possibly hazardous show (i.e. balancing on chairs)

Crown for mowing through the competition all season long, causing incredible upsets, and winning brass

To Cadets for having of the most insane drill I've ever seen.

To Bluecoats for having an incredibly surreal and kick-### show

To SCV for having an incredible come-back tour and blowing down the walls.

Way to go BD! Saw the show in Denver and was blown away. Powerful, entertaining, innovative

and clean. CONGRATULATIONS on Ring number 13. :tongue:

Now THIS is what I was waiting for, all the arguments to begin! :tongue: Now if we'll all just take off our shirts so that they won't get damaged (hey, I paid a lot for this shirt) :tongue:

I'm wearing a University of Tennessee football t-shirt, after last season, damage got a new meaning lol. Congrats to BD. While I wouldn't say Crown should have won because I didn't see the shows in Lucas Oil, I was hoping for either a tie or something closer than 1.5. However, I can't complain. BD won fair and square and I will go to bed satisfied with their victory (I will probably be singing that opener for the rest of my life). I also can't help but be ecstatic about Crown bringing home the silver. I'm kinda biased because Crown is like the super corps of the Southeast, but I know a couple of former marchers and and am considering auditioning for a spot in the 2010 hornline, and can't help but be amazed at how quick this corps has become a DCI powerhouse. Congrats to all corps for what has to be my favorite season so far and dangit, June 2010 can't get here soon enough!

Edited by UTtrumpetdude

Well done BD and BDB! Congrats to all!

Congratulations Blue Devils! I saw you last night and knew you'd carry it away tonight. You nailed that show and you deserve it! Enjoy it!

I haven't been on DCP much at all this season, because, honestly, I'm just sick of all the bashing BD takes. Sorry if it seems like gloating-but it is! Hate, flame, whatever you like to do. The Blue Devils organization just took the Open and World titles today at DCI. It's becoming obvious the Blue Devils are what the Yankees, the Lakers, etc are to sports. Having both corps from the same organization win and yet do it undefeated all season long, stands as a milestone for the activity as a whole.

That being said, I will congratulate Carolina Crown on taking the Jim Ott brass award tonight and not in the distant future we will see Carolina Crown win their own DCI title outright. I am impressed with their growth as a drum corps and it's groups like Crown, The Cavaliers, The Cadets, Phantom Regiment and my good friends and competitors at the Santa Clara Vanguard who have also pushed the envelope in the junior drum corps activity and made the Blue Devils be originators and/or change their styles to forge ahead in the competitive arena. All in all, a great season by drum corps in general and specifically the Blue Devil organization.

Congrats Devils!