• Sky Alumni
    • Capital Brass
    • Minne Brass
    • Ghost Riders
    • Music City Legend
    • Golden Eagles
    • Mass Brass
    • Star United

Blousemen may be a late entry....but dont expect the mini corps to be as good as the BIG corps.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with considerable regret that I need to inform everyone that the Ski Mask Cadets will not be performing at the mini-corps show this year.

Plans were in place....the staff had spent literally minutes selecting a repertoire... and recruiting at the local Greyhound Bus terminal had been going well.

However, the entire plan fell apart in recent days, when it was discovered that the corps' drum major...a person we thought had a doctorate in music performance... was actually on the Interpol "Most Wanted" list. Turns out his "doctorate" was in money laundering. :lol:

Without a good drum major/conductor, the corps simply would not be able to perform its highly sophisticated repertoire.

So...as a result...Ski Mask has withdrawn from the competition. The corps' spring 1981 performance at the Bridgemen's I&E show...which drew rave reviews and led to the beginning of the end of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall... remains, to this day, the corps' one and only performance.

Maybe next year. :shutup:

Fran

It is with considerable regret that I need to inform everyone that the Ski Mask Cadets will not be performing at the mini-corps show this year.

Plans were in place....the staff had spent literally minutes selecting a repertoire... and recruiting at the local Greyhound Bus terminal had been going well.

However, the entire plan fell apart in recent days, when it was discovered that the corps' drum major...a person we thought had a doctorate in music performance... was actually on the Interpol "Most Wanted" list. Turns out his "doctorate" was in money laundering. :lol:

Without a good drum major/conductor, the corps simply would not be able to perform its highly sophisticated repertoire.

So...as a result...Ski Mask has withdrawn from the competition. The corps' spring 1981 performance at the Bridgemen's I&E show...which drew rave reviews and led to the beginning of the end of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall... remains, to this day, the corps' one and only performance.

Maybe next year. :shutup:

Fran

I must say I'm shocked Fran. A member of the drum corps community misrepresenting themself and actually having a criminal background? What a shocker....

Hopefully things will work out better for you next year.

Maybe next year. :doh:

Fran

I for one am grateful... not sure I'm ready for you, Cousin Joe, Cousin George, or any of the rest of your posse without those masks.

You guys would make Strutta and his Mass Brass keemosabee lCaptain Castille ook good, and that's a stretch.

I had read on a separate post that Mass Brass was RIP, so I just assumed that it was all over for you guys.

Some of your members were very disappointed to learn the news as well.

Really seems a shame.

I, for one, never believed those scandalous rumors. And with the heavy summer rehearsal schedule, those extra beer lifts are really paying dividends! :doh:

Maybe next year. :doh:

Fran

####....and all this time I thought Mr. Fallon was legit!!! :lol: