If Lucas Oil was a Bust...

Yeah I did AFC first then NFC ....funny how DCI favors AFC stadiums. Hmmm

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you have "natural grass" as a con. Is that because by the end of championship week it would be trampled to death? The infamous can't see the hash marks problem? The possible divots and uneven grass surface? Or a combination of a few of these?

Personally, I did not mind natural grass when I marched as long as it wasn't too overgrown...I did hate practicing in a parking lot that had tar everywhere though...sticky shoes...

Grass is fine, but alot of stadiums won't let marching band come tear up their turf right before football season. DCI killed Foxboro.

Grass is fine, but alot of stadiums won't let marching band come tear up their turf right before football season. DCI killed Foxboro.

yes I think your right on that one...I remember what it looked like....didn't they have to replace the turf for football at foxboro that year?

especially the grass fields in the north east where it is a ##### to keep them nice with the weather. I'm not just saying this because I'm from the area, but if philly changed to an artificial surface, I think it would be great for drum corps... only problem is the regional an hour away... and I'm sure there would be many fans that feel neglected, and jealous. Parking is great though... oh wait... there is an airport right near by and 95 basically connects to the stadium. Would be plenty to do for the fans... got some great baseball in town too.

John Madden mentioned how bad the field was during a preseason game and mentioned how there was a huge "marching band" competition there and the New England Revolution MLS games as well.

The field was so bad a few years, ago they ripped it all up and laid down FieldTurf in the middle of the season.

especially the grass fields in the north east where it is a ##### to keep them nice with the weather. I'm not just saying this because I'm from the area, but if philly changed to an artificial surface, I think it would be great for drum corps... only problem is the regional an hour away... and I'm sure there would be many fans that feel neglected, and jealous. Parking is great though... oh wait... there is an airport right near by and 95 basically connects to the stadium. Would be plenty to do for the fans... got some great baseball in town too.

Is philly that stadium that hosted the Allentown show when they were re-doing the seats? Because if it is...I absolutely HATED my seat...they put me right behind this huge pillar. It was my worst seat ever...I'd choose the end zone over that. So if these seats were excluded, I probably wouldn't mind so much...now I will stop ranting about it...

Is philly that stadium that hosted the Allentown show when they were re-doing the seats? Because if it is...I absolutely HATED my seat...they put me right behind this huge pillar. It was my worst seat ever...I'd choose the end zone over that. So if these seats were excluded, I probably wouldn't mind so much...now I will stop ranting about it...

No no, that was Franklin Field which hosted Finals in 75 and 76. The best seats in that stadium are in the upper deck. I lucked out and got great seats up there. The Linc is a much newer professional stadium and you'd love it.

if I wasn't so attached to JBC for drum corps, I'd say move DCI East there (never)... I'd really like to know how drum corps would fair in that stadium.

Seattle would be a cool venue, but the stadium almost takes on a dome shape (its not), its hard to tell how that may affect acoustics. Both SF and Oakland would be no bueno...WAY too cold and windy, consistently all summer minus maybe 1 or 2 days.

Seattle would be a cool venue, but the stadium almost takes on a dome shape (its not), its hard to tell how that may affect acoustics. Both SF and Oakland would be no bueno...WAY too cold and windy, consistently all summer minus maybe 1 or 2 days.

my high school played there in high school. the acoustics are great!!!!