Concord Blue Devils victory prompts religious debate

It truly amazed me that someone wanted to 'steal the thread', so to speak, on the comments of that article. It was all over the use of 'devil' in the name, and their desire to evangelize. :lol::doh:

Somehow I don't think they would feel any better knowing that just witnessing a drum corps show can be a religious experience. :lol: :lol:

Get thee to a nunnery. :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We must now worship the Blue Devils.

All Hail Wayne Downey!

My music...

Back in the 1950's there was a case where a corps with "Satan" in its name changed it due to some flack. (I believe this was the corps from WI.)

Come to think of it, it's hard to believe there were so many corps with Satan in their names in those days:

Satan's Angels--Bangor, WI

Satan's Angels--Seneca Falls, NY

Satan's Angels--Waterloo, IA

Satan's Angels Jr. & Sr.--Bellefontaine, OH

Satan's Cadets--Newark, NJ

So, the Blue Devils won without the use of any performance enhancing drugs?

According to an un-named source, Barry Bond's trainer was seen hanging around the corps bus Friday night after semi-finals. One of the lead trumpets said that some guy came up and offered him the "cream", some "greenies", and a syringe.

Said the trumpet player, "I had never met the guy, but he sounded pretty believable. If it's good for Barry, then its good for me. I took the greenie pills, I rubbed the cream on my lips, and I took a needle in my ###. The next morning, I had twice the energy. I could play a full octive higher, and I'm already a lead trumpet for the Blue Devils, for God's sake. The only problem I had was that my ### hurt every time I sat on one of those white chairs."

Congressional hearings coming soon.