In an email from DCI

As you all know, DCI has taken many hits on here for issues concerning Finals week in Indy.

As a follow up to an email I sent DCI on Sunday, I received this email today:

Jeffrey,

We thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your continued support of the organizations which comprise Drum Corps International.

Later this month, we will be launching an online customer satisfaction survey, providing our valued fans with the opportunity to contribute important feedback regarding the 2009 World Championships in Indianapolis.

Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for the more than 5,000 performers taking the field of competition and for each of their loyal fans and supporters. With your assistance, we will work to continue to improve the quality of the World Championships as a celebration of the outstanding achievements of the world's most elite marching music ensembles.

Thank you again for your continued support of Drum Corps International and its member corps.

Here you go folks......keep your eyes out on DCI.ORG....this will be your chance to let your thoughts be heard.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I received the same response to the email I sent.

Edited by shawn craig

Great..... so now we're gonna get 2342432432 98934 wonderful thinkers that will complain to DCI and BEG them to open the roof next year....

...it will be 95 degrees like this year and we'll all bake inside of that oven known as Lucas Oil Stadium.

2010 rolls around and 23439483290849320489324 WONDERFUL thinkers will AGAIN write to DCI asking them to turn on the A/C!

Sometimes, it's better to not let the masses speak. Why do you think we have an electoral college pick our presidents? Cause we're not smart enough to do it ourselves.

Great..... so now we're gonna get 2342432432 98934 wonderful thinkers that will complain to DCI and BEG them to open the roof next year....

...it will be 95 degrees like this year and we'll all bake inside of that oven known as Lucas Oil Stadium.

2010 rolls around and 23439483290849320489324 WONDERFUL thinkers will AGAIN write to DCI asking them to turn on the A/C!

Sometimes, it's better to not let the masses speak. Why do you think we have an electoral college pick our presidents? Cause we're not smart enough to do it ourselves.

OH NO! 95 DEGREES!?!!? Are you sure you marched drum corps? I don't care if it's 105 degrees out! They need to open the roof!

As a performer... i don't like performing in that heat.... call me a wimp, call me weak, whatever. It sucks being in full uniform in the sun, on hot turf, it sucks in a very well ventilated high school stadium it's gonna suck in the oven that LOS would become if it was above 90 degrees... add the humidity.. and forget it. Also in that type of heat the horns don't project well, the performers will be dead tired, your gonna have performance issues, and it won't be the best experience for the fans. Yeah it's drum corps, you learn to deal with the heat... trust me I've dealt with it. If given the choice I would still rather the roof closed if it was hot out. Cause if it is 95 outside the stadium, it's gonna be worse inside.. and 95 is bad enough.

Call me a ######, I don't care.

I'd say there were complaints about more than just the roof. But...maybe this will create the chance to explore other options to you baking in the sun.

or...if the roof does open, take the advice you have given to countless others on here:

stay home, it creates better seating opportunities for us

They do shows in Phoenix in June and they're always great. The one in August two years ago was great. I assure you even on natural turf it was 100+ degrees on the field, and I couldn't even imagine being in full uniform.

Call me a ######, I don't care.

okay you're a ######

:) Now what?

Please don't assume you know what people are saying to DCI. I didn't mention the roof at all, only the bad accoustics.

Edited by shawn craig