In an email from DCI

Wow, the rest of us only paid $125 for our seats. I guess you're just smarter than everyone else and the world obviously revolves around you and your opinion. :devil:

Why yes....yes it does! Thank you for noticing. That's why I waited til 7 days before Finals and got tickets on the 40. No complaints from me at all. I'll sign an autograph for you. :thumbup::devil:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh sound panels? maybe curtains around the entire stands where people are not sitting?

there, 2 probable solutions that have nothing to do with the roof.

but you'll ignore that as it doesn't fit your rant

That's alot of fabric. You'd need some sound baffles to line the ceiling. Who is going to pay for this? DCI? Lucas Oil? YOU? I'd love to see it, I don't think its probable. My greatest fear is opening the roof on a hot day. and with the hanging speakers and the banners.....the sunlight will create very annoying shadows on the field during daylight performances.

That's alot of fabric. You'd need some sound baffles to line the ceiling. Who is going to pay for this? DCI? Lucas Oil? YOU? I'd love to see it, I don't think its probable.

Considering that other groups have made light of the acoustical crappiness of LOS, yeah, I'd say maybe Lucas Oil just might be paying for it.

Then, again, since you have all the answers . . . you tell us. :thumbup:

Seahawks stadium has no retractable dome, its just open but with lids over the grandstands. It would be a great place for finals - I'm all for moving finals to Seattle for the next 10 years or so! :devil:

Pioneer Square with the Underground City... :devil: bar hopping in town... :w00t: driving to/from SeaTac Airport.... :thumbup:

Oh well 2 out of 3 ain't bad. (Had a bunch of work trips to Bremerton/Bangor/Widbey Island).

Considering that other groups have made light of the acoustical crappiness of LOS, yeah, I'd say maybe Lucas Oil just might be paying for it.

Then, again, since you have all the answers . . . you tell us. :thumbup:

Interesting. Even 17 coronas to the wind, Kenny Chesney knows it needs improvement.

DCI has said that there are a lot of remedies at their disposal to fix things that aren't right. This is probably foremost among them. Of course, it will depend on cost as well as other applications for the fix.

We can assume DCI, BOA and some number of concerts would be improved by hanging baffles, etc. So now it's a matter of how much cost the stadium authority will choose to absorb. My guess (and it's JUST a guess) is if it's fixed for under $100K they go for it and if it's much more than that they'll balk. Granted, DCI and BOA only comprise one week of their schedule but add in 10 concert dates a year that benefit as well and it becomes cost effective to pay for the fix.

OTOH, nobody has seen the contract so who knows what to believe? After all, this is the same organization who assured fans that acoustical considerations were taken into account when building LOS. :thumbup:

As a performer... i don't like performing in that heat.... call me a wimp, call me weak, whatever. It sucks being in full uniform in the sun, on hot turf, it sucks in a very well ventilated high school stadium it's gonna suck in the oven that LOS would become if it was above 90 degrees... add the humidity.. and forget it. Also in that type of heat the horns don't project well, the performers will be dead tired, your gonna have performance issues, and it won't be the best experience for the fans. Yeah it's drum corps, you learn to deal with the heat... trust me I've dealt with it. If given the choice I would still rather the roof closed if it was hot out. Cause if it is 95 outside the stadium, it's gonna be worse inside.. and 95 is bad enough.

Call me a ######, I don't care.

agreed

That's alot of fabric. You'd need some sound baffles to line the ceiling. Who is going to pay for this? DCI? Lucas Oil? YOU? I'd love to see it, I don't think its probable. My greatest fear is opening the roof on a hot day. and with the hanging speakers and the banners.....the sunlight will create very annoying shadows on the field during daylight performances.

Several corps could donate there fly overs, back drops, and larger flags. That woud almost be enough! Then Academy and Cavies could contribute all their rope to help hang stuff up. :devil::thumbup::devil:

Seriously though, the stadium people promised there would be design elements and products in place. From what I could see they didn't deliver other than that flimsy black curtain. They need to step up and deliver to DCI and other music groups what they promised.

Edited by shawn craig

if you read the other threads, it does say in the contract their are options for other solutions to sound barriers. hell, WWE curtains off the upper decks in arenas around the world if they dont sell out, especially for tv tapings.

in fact, were DCI to pay for this, it could be used in all of their dome shows

as for shadows...you get them in any stadium with decent sized back bleachers, and in fact from the front side too depending on where the sun is. so shadows is yet again moot....it happens everywhere.

hell, you get shadows on the field under the lights often times...go look at BD 89 in the ballad

Interesting. Even 17 coronas to the wind, Kenny Chesney knows it needs improvement.

but what does he know? not as much as DCImonkey apparently :thumbup: