Madison Scouts 2010

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK .

you should let it lie.

Just wrote a whole #####ing Post about Madison 2009.

then deleted it .

It helps no one. and I am willing to remain silent on the subject.

BUT.......next time.

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE ANSWERS , DONT ASK THE QUESTIONS.

Edited by dcifan2002

Is Komnick really working for free?

To be honest, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise that he is donating his time, as he seems like that type of guy. I have had a chat with Chris and I was very impressed. I believe that he's a quality person, and will do very well for the Scouts if...... If he's given the time and the money to make things happen. Look, this isn't going to turn around overnight. Right now, he's is like the GM of a MLB team. He has to know who to bring in, and who to trade. Does he have the money of the Yankees, or the meager resources of the Marlins? He has a difficult task, but there's no doubt it's doable, and he's the guy that can make it happen.

....so many haters.

G

And the sad thing is, some of them think what they post on here will actually carry weight with the people who run the corps.

Then Ice Castles as a ballad!!!

Yeah, show designer? Maybe not.

I'm having a very tough time figuring how a show based on Thriller moves the corps toward finals. Let me guess, the guard in skeleton t-shirts?

All sarcasm aside... to each their own ;) The Cavies sure got people on their feet this year in Atlanta playing that chart... And my suggestion was only to use it as a framework, maybe insert the motif here and there throughout the show. I've seen crazier show concepts pulled off before... The point of my post was to emphasize what I thought the essence of Madison was, and perhaps an idea to get them back on the up and up. So shoot me for making a suggestion.

Pow?

All sarcasm aside... to each their own ;) The Cavies sure got people on their feet this year in Atlanta playing that chart... And my suggestion was only to use it as a framework, maybe insert the motif here and there throughout the show. I've seen crazier show concepts pulled off before... The point of my post was to emphasize what I thought the essence of Madison was, and perhaps an idea to get them back on the up and up. So shoot me for making a suggestion.

Cavies playing it as an encore is one thing. Building an entire show around it...quite different.

Also, if you can't live with criticism, DCP might not be the place for you to spend time.

As for the Scouts, I think the team has a better idea on how to program their show than you or I do, otherwise, they wouldn't be on the team. Just a hunch.

I think the Scouts current situation has far less to do with a field product than it does with getting the fiscal house back where it needs to be. In this, we can all take part. Isn't there some link to some donation site somewhere? Because, in this, money does cure many ills.

Edited by Tom Brace

Isn't there some link to some donation site somewhere? Because, in this, money does cure many ills.

It's right there on their website: Donate

Cavies playing it as an encore is one thing. Building an entire show around it...quite different.

Also, if you can't live with criticism, DCP might not be the place for you to spend time.

As for the Scouts, I think the team has a better idea on how to program their show than you or I do, otherwise, they wouldn't be on the team. Just a hunch.

I think the Scouts current situation has far less to do with a field product than it does with getting the fiscal house back where it needs to be. In this, we can all take part. Isn't there some link to some donation site somewhere? Because, in this, money does cure many ills.

To keep from getting off topic, check your PM :worthy:

Again, to each their own. I've seen a jazz funk version that was pretty kickin, and a show filled with motifs from numerous pieces has worked to great effect before (Finis anyone?). Thus the essence of my post; pick a general theme from the "Madison identity" and run with it, Thriller or not, Latin jazz or not... get back to some masculine, balls to the wall drum corps (no pun intended).

Hoodie ordered. Hope that helps, even if it's just a bit.