The Cadets' Drill. Wow...

I was facebook surfing and saw a posted video of Holy Name's 2009 Semifinals Performance and I was utterly amazed with the drill design. I'm sure all you DCI veterans have definitely heard The Cadets, Star of Indiana, Santa Clara Vanguard and The Cavaliers to be the leaders of visual innovation in the activity.

However I felt that after 2007, The Cadets have been particularly leading another surge of visual amazement: shear elegance yet viciously aggressive with some extreme demand.

After watching all of 2007, the end of 2008, and top to bottom of 2009: I feel as though the Cadets maybe redefining visual difficulty as an effect.

What do you all think?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you all think?

I completely agree.

In fact, not only is he a great drill writer, but he is the most approachable drum corps staff member I've ever met. A great guy, all around.

Thanks Jeff! :doh:

:doh:

I completely agree.

In fact, not only is he a great drill writer, but he is the most approachable drum corps staff member I've ever met. A great guy, all around.

Thanks Jeff! :doh:

:doh:

He's a real open-minded man. In the drum corps world, you have to be. Change 8 sets of drill by tonight? Done. No biggie.

not to take anything away from him

but...

does anybody else notice how much he recycles his stuff? when i watched the cadets ending this year (with no reason to hate on it) i just felt like i'd seen it all before...

cavies 2000 through 2006??

Loved marching his drill and even better to watch it. I don't know what goes on in the minds of some of these drill writers, but some of them are crazy with the stuff they write. Sometimes I think Jeff is trying to cause danger with the drill he writes (97 Cadets is a great example.)