new format for finals

After all the expense a Corps makes to get to finals, I think having only one show quarter finals and then your out just sucks.

Why doesn't DCI do the following,

quarter finals every corps performs

semi finals every corps performs

finals top 15 performs,

BUT ony top 12 come on the field for awards

you may get more people to buy ticket based on additional performances of those groups not moving forward

Edited by Suviduvi

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the expense a Corps makes to get to finals, I think having only one show quarter finals and then your out just sucks.

finals top 15 performs,

you may get more people to buy ticket based on additional performances of those groups not moving forward

I would just come later for semis and finals if they did that.

BUT, it might indeed increase attendance overall.

finals top 15 performs,

Well, it wouldn't be Semifinals, then, would it? It would just be another Quarterfinals.

There would be no prestige in making it into Semifinals, just Finals.

The corps have all agreed to this set-up for years. Is there a particular corps you would like to see on Friday?

If we can perfect time travel, we could hold Semifinals on Thursday and Quarterfinals on Friday and still take the top 17 corps for Semis. Then, afterwards all the corps get to perform for Quarterfinals the day after Semis. The only thing is those who can't get the knack for time travel would be seeing Semifinals before Quarterfinals. And if a few horn players don't come through the time-space continuum, we could have some small horn lines in Finals. Percussionists would just rip their way through. Can anyone here work on this? It would help sell more tickets for Thursday and those who show up Friday could still see both shows. Everybody wins.

Or, two nights of Prelims with only the Top 12 playing on Saturday. The problem with either the OP's idea or mine, is that the same corps (number of) will have a shot at Saturday night. No way, no how was 14, 15, or 16 getting to Saturday night this year.

The current format works just fine.

finals top 15 performs,

All of the World Class corps perform many shows as they tour the country prior to arriving at Quarterfinals - sometimes 30 shows or more. Rearranging the week of Championships to add one more show for a handful of corps doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps they can perform in exhibition or in some other way.

Also, I don't think it would help sell any additional tickets. Just my opinion.

Well, it wouldn't be Semifinals, then, would it? It would just be another Quarterfinals.

There would be no prestige in making it into Semifinals, just Finals.

The corps have all agreed to this set-up for years. Is there a particular corps you would like to see on Friday?

If we can perfect time travel, we could hold Semifinals on Thursday and Quarterfinals on Friday and still take the top 17 corps for Semis. Then, afterwards all the corps get to perform for Quarterfinals the day after Semis. The only thing is those who can't get the knack for time travel would be seeing Semifinals before Quarterfinals. And if a few horn players don't come through the time-space continuum, we could have some small horn lines in Finals. Percussionists would just rip their way through. Can anyone here work on this? It would help sell more tickets for Thursday and those who show up Friday could still see both shows. Everybody wins.

Don't they have an IPhone app for time travel?

Don't they have an IPhone app for time travel?

I think Steve Jobs is purposely suppressing time travel applications. He's afraid someone would go back to when Apple was getting off the ground and talk him into making the entire system non-proprietary.

And if a few horn players don't come through the time-space continuum, we could have some small horn lines in Finals. Percussionists would just rip their way through.

The conceit of the percussionist. Everyone knows time signatures (and therefore time itself) are irrelevant to a horn player. We'd all get there, eventually.

And to address the OP, I don't see the benefit of this proposal.