Golden Triangle Competition

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW has not only been great for shows, it used to be a huge area from DC in general. While I was marching with the Blue Saints in Sudbury, KW had Ventures, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Dutch Boy, Cadets of Dutch Boy. Ventures merges with KK, Cadets of Dutch Boy went away and Dutch Boy went from Division I to Division II/III. And Kiwanis then 'moved' to Tampa, merged with a corps there and then folded.

I think it was actually Dutch Boy (the open class late 80's/early 90's powerhouse) who went inactive, around 1993. CoDB remained and changed their name to Dutch Boy (dropping the "Cadets of") around 5 or 10 years ago. Any of my Canadian insider friends have confirmation or more accurate information?

Fred O.

I think it was actually Dutch Boy (the open class late 80's/early 90's powerhouse) who went inactive, around 1993. CoDB remained and changed their name to Dutch Boy (dropping the "Cadets of") around 5 or 10 years ago. Any of my Canadian insider friends have confirmation or more accurate information?

Fred O.

That is correct!- Dutch Boy went inactive, CoDB eventually changed there name to DB.

Funny you should mention "One Fine Morning". The original band that had the big hit (#24 on the Billboard charts in 1971) was Lighthouse, a jazz/rock band from Canada. Their drummer was Skip Prokop, who marched with the Toronto Optimists in the early 1960s. Prokop was the leader of the band.

Northern Thunder, maybe Guelph Royaraires did a heart shape form before Rebels...

Hi Keith. Was there a Golden Triangle Competition? ::not sure::

All's I remember there was a Kitchener or Waterloo show!

Northern Thunder, maybe Guelph Royaraires did a heart shape form before Rebels...

Linda, The Golden Triangle Championships, changed it's name to the Canadian Open in about 1982, the year Dutch Boy won the Class 'A' DCI Championship.

...there still is a Kitchener and Waterloo, only much bigger now !!!!

Oh, Linda, Jody says HI !!!! :whistle:

Hi Linda,

I remember going to that show and all the smaller corps competing early. Ventures were one of those small corps. I always enjoyed going there.

i remember being in one of them smaller corps competing early

I still have an original ticket stub from 75/76 Golden Triangle Championship, it is orange in color, ill post it here at a later date

Funny you should mention "One Fine Morning". The original band that had the big hit (#24 on the Billboard charts in 1971) was Lighthouse, a jazz/rock band from Canada. Their drummer was Skip Prokop, who marched with the Toronto Optimists in the early 1960s. Prokop was the leader of the band.

He's now living in my home town...London, Ontario.

Do you happen to have the results from your show in 1976? We were there and I know Flying Dutchmen and Precious Blood Cardinals were there.

He's now living in my home town...London, Ontario.