• Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Star of Indiana
    • Other

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer 83....faster tempo....and the blindfolds...mmmmmmmmmmm....the left handed singles at the beginning still blow me away.

you do know the blindfolds were sheer right, the line could see right through them.

• 3 weeks later...

Although not as clean as some of the other 80's lines, SCV's 'Stone Ground Seven' from 1980 has to be one of the most innovative writing of its time. The meter, rhythm and dynamic changes all put into that one solo was just sheer genious. One of the best from Ralph H. Too bad it wasn't as clean as some of the other lines but it's still one of my favorite. Plus, having two sets of quad section (one high and one low) never hurts!!! I definately wore out the needle on the record player with that one.

Although not as clean as some of the other 80's lines, SCV's 'Stone Ground Seven' from 1980 has to be one of the most innovative writing of its time. The meter, rhythm and dynamic changes all put into that one solo was just sheer genious. One of the best from Ralph H. Too bad it wasn't as clean as some of the other lines but it's still one of my favorite. Plus, having two sets of quad section (one high and one low) never hurts!!! I definately wore out the needle on the record player with that one.

Yep. To this day, that's some of the best writing I've ever heard.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep. To this day, that's some of the best writing I've ever heard.
AND, check out the demand on marching in 7/8 during that solo and how close they came to the front side line, so perfect!

One of the all-time GREAT drum solos!! And it was so clean you could perform surgery on it!!

No question for me here. BD 83-86.