DCPI-13 Major Event Calendar

Galen

I never actually got to see the field at Lewisburg. The one show I did there was cut short due to the pesky tornado that came uninvited.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals locations:

Nashville TN

LP Field: World Class, Class A/Open Class Finals

lp.field.jpg

Hale Stadium, Tennessee State University: Class A/Open Class Prelims

3698072578_c0528ff0ec.jpg

Hey, Hale Stadium! I love The Hole! I really wish TSU would still play there.

wow... this brings back memories.

As much as i love the santa ana bowl (eddie west field, santa ana stadium, etc...whatever you call it these days) there is absolutely NO parking/warm up space...besides like, the neighboring police station or public library. Or the hobo park (no idea what it's really called) a couple blocks away

As much as i love the santa ana bowl (eddie west field, santa ana stadium, etc...whatever you call it these days) there is absolutely NO parking/warm up space...besides like, the neighboring police station or public library. Or the hobo park (no idea what it's really called) a couple blocks away

Even though things like parking don't really matter in a fantasy league, we still want this to be a positive experience for everybody. So there is a new venue for this show, at Lebard Stadium in Costa Mesa:

CostaMesaCALebardStadium8000.jpg

Even though things like parking don't really matter in a fantasy league, we still want this to be a positive experience for everybody. So there is a new venue for this show, at Lebard Stadium in Costa Mesa:

CostaMesaCALebardStadium8000.jpg

You could also use the Stadium at Cal State Fullerton, in Fullerton, Ca... nice facility and plenty of parking warm up.

Mmmhmm, we've used that in the past. Decided to go with something we haven't to for a while.

Mmmhmm, we've used that in the past. Decided to go with something we haven't to for a while.

Only criteria is that it needs to be bussing distance from the beach.

BEACH PARTY AFTER THE SHOW!!!

Costa's about 4 miles north of Newport Beach. Just a hop, skip and a tracking block away from your beach festivities. :tongue:

With the passage of the Sweepstakes rule, I am free to release the Sweepstakes schedule. Dates are TBD until the full schedule is announced, but here is the rough lineup.

1st Saturday: TBD

2nd Saturday: Rochester NY, Columbia MO, Tuscaloosa AL, Eugene OR

4th Saturday: Syracuse NY, Minneapolis MN, Oxford MS, Dallas TX (Prelims only)

6th Saturday: Berlin Germany, Philadelphia PA, Montreal Quebec

7th Saturday: Costa Mesa CA/Tempe AZ, Lewisburg PA/Allentown PA

8th Saturday: Tulsa OK/Austin TX, Clarkston GA/Atlanta GA

9th Saturday: Nashville TN (each of 4 rounds)

So there are a total of 10 "events" that your corps can compete in. The sweepstakes are set up to award consistency throughout the year, but as you can see, it is weighted more towards the end of the year with 40% of the events coming on finals week.