A General Decline in Females in the Battery?

If anything, I've seen an increase over the past 30 years. When I marched, save for the Ventures and Capitol, there were only about 7-10 girls in batteries that I can recall. Now I'm seeing more and more snares (and section leaders) who are female. Most lines have on average 2 girls in the bass line. With the return of Cymbal lines, I'm seeing a strong female presence as well.

I honestly can't recall seeing a femme quad player...... ever.

Kiwanis 1996, then I saw her again in Empire Statesmen 1998 and then again SCV 1999. I can't quite remember her name though. ###### multi-tenor player.

Kiwanis 1996, then I saw her again in Empire Statesmen 1998 and then again SCV 1999. I can't quite remember her name though. ###### multi-tenor player.

Dude, SCV had a great line that year. IMO I think there never should've been a tie. SCV took it all the way...especially percussion wise.

Sorry...back to the topic.

Then I say this in the nicest and most respectful way possible. That chick has MANHANDS!!!!!! I never realized it was a woman.

As far back as I can remember most young women don't normally pursue the rudimental battery, but the ones that do usually turn out to be quite profficient at it.

Then I say this in the nicest and most respectful way possible. That chick has MANHANDS!!!!!! I never realized it was a woman.

if i remember correctly, the girl in SCV's '99 tenor line was barely as tall as the drums if you stood them on their side. She was beast to be able to keep up with the demand for as small as she was.

I believe the name u seek for the SCV 99 Japanese Female tenor player next to center is Riko.

I actually have seen an increased presence in females especially in the elite corps. It seems like every year they have females marching in the battery more recently than the past. Crown actually had 2 ladies marching, the other was marching top bass.

At least in the 90's I would see females marching Div II or III, it would be rare to see them in BD, SCV, Cadets, etc. that has changed. Heidi led the Cadets line to a Drum Trophy in 05. Cat was SCV center in 08.

Edited by Jeffe77