Live Posting from South Saint Paul

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely trust Gil's count over my own! I was just doing a quick survey from the stands as corps set up to give a relative comparison. Could have easily missed some folks.

I know dm's don't usually count, but I think I remember seeing them switch up the conductor on the podium. If they played an instrument while off podium, they count as an individual member, no?

I know dm's don't usually count, but I think I remember seeing them switch up the conductor on the podium. If they played an instrument while off podium, they count as an individual member, no?

sure do!

That's exactly right. The DM for the first number went into the color guard and a member of the horn line took over as DM after that.

SCORES!

Lakeshoremen 63.113

Vigilantes. 72.4

Govenaires 80.325

Kilties. 82.525

Minnesota Brass. 92.313

How could Kilts go up 6 pts, and MBI only go up 2 from last week in Racine? Was MBI flat?Or did the Kilts get that much better?

Kate

How could Kilts go up 6 pts, and MBI only go up 2 from last week in Racine? Was MBI flat?Or did the Kilts get that much better?

Kate

It's a matter or execution. At MBI's level it is more difficult for us to execute more cleanly than the last show, thus our score doesn't go up as much. Kilties have more room to improve and there-fore can execute much better than the last show. Nothing against the Kilties, love what you guys are doing.

MBI had an awesome show last night, and we hope for an even better one tomorrow.