Aungst, Larrivee to Lead Blue Stars 2010 Percussion

Good move... Blue Stars of Indiana

Really? Tom Aungst had been with Cadets for how many years? Twenty-something, right? He has NOTHING to do with Star of Indiana. In fact, isn't the only Star of Indiana connection now the brass staff, and even then only Frank Sullivan and Donnie Vandoren?

touchy touchy...

It is a good move for the growth of the corps...

I know horror stories about how the admin (BF) works. Brent M. retired? ... more like forced out.

There are ways a corps can grow and make moves to better the group in a healthy constructive manner for both the organization and the people who have helped during the growth process.

It doesn't happen there! Cut throat and tasteless...

Some will bash me, thats fine. And some will say business is business but in this activity one would hope there is some level of loyalty.

But it is what it is, simple as that.

touchy touchy...

It is a good move for the growth of the corps...

I know horror stories about how the admin (BF) works. Brent M. retired? ... more like forced out.

There are ways a corps can grow and make moves to better the group in a healthy constructive manner for both the organization and the people who have helped during the growth process.

It doesn't happen there! Cut throat and tasteless...

Some will bash me, thats fine. And some will say business is business but in this activity one would hope there is some level of loyalty.

But it is what it is, simple as that.

Ok. Question for you - if one section of the corps consistently performs and scores well below the other sections of the corps, what do you do? Stay "loyal" and impede the growth of the corps? Is that fair to the members?

I agree with you to make a change when it is needed... it's how the change is handled I don't agree with.

Are you an administrator with the Blue Stars? How do you "know" how it was handled? Unless you are Brent Montgomery, then you don't know how it was handled, and everything else is hearsay.

Obviously, the Blue Stars are not satisfied with 8th place and want to continue to move up. To do this they may need to make some staff changes. Not sure how they handle making staff changes any better? Almost all staff members work on one year contracts (and paid very little). There is no obligation to keep someone on.

Edited by mcjordansc