DCA SOUTH OPINION

DCA SOUTH  

90 members have voted

1. 1. who is the biggest thread in the south?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  2. 2. Who have the best most entertaining show this season?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  3. 3. Is Alliance having the best year for a new Open class Corps?

• Yes
    • No

Side note - this is why it is important for southern corps to travel north, or find a way to make shows more appealing to northern corps to travel. They need those direct comparisons.

I agree with this statement 100% The true litmus test is to go head to head with the North-easterners. Not only does it create head to head competition, but the show will allow exposure to out of region corps. I hope my corps, The Sun Devils, take a trip up North next season besides prelims.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why weren't Sun Devils or other DCA South corps added to this? I am just asking.

i will like an opinion about the South Corps. It seems that the 3 of them are having a great year but what people think about them?
Edited by KeithHall

I'm having a hard time figuring out why south scores are low and north scores are off the charts.

Because we in the north east know what it takes to get the scores right.

You people were barking on here how Corpsvets were going to come up here and beat Briggs and Bushwackers at finals.Keep dreaming.Alliance may slither their way into finals by bumping off Crusaders but only because Crusaders are struggling this year in programing.

I agree with this statement 100% The true litmus test is to go head to head with the North-easterners. Not only does it create head to head competition, but the show will allow exposure to out of region corps. I hope my corps, The Sun Devils, take a trip up North next season besides prelims.

I would put Minn. shows in that list (wink-wink). :tongue:

You people were barking on here how Corpsvets were going to come up here and beat Briggs and Bushwackers at finals.Keep dreaming.Alliance may slither their way into finals by bumping off Crusaders but only because Crusaders are struggling this year in programing.

Saw the Brigs show from 8/15 on the internet and you have no idea how inaccurate your statement is right now. First off, the Brigs have not beaten the Corpsvets this season, yet (or Bush for that matter). Second of all, you make it sound like the South uses a bunch of second rate instructors that do not know how to be competitive.

Alliance may place 10th... I don't know, but it will not be because the Crusaders are having a down year. Keep in mind, they would have to beat two other corps as well. You really just don't know. I appreciate your passion...

Edited by BOSMarcher

Ouch. Slither. From one who won't post their name.

Well, I'm going to make an attempt at a rational comment about the northeastern v. southern scoring. Our staff at ALLIANCE was just discussing what could be causing these differentials. One possibility could be that corps like the Kilties, Brigs and Bush are going head-to-head against the powerhouses like MBI, ES, and Cabs. A large part of judging is based on spreads between corps and when judges know someone like MBI is going to bust 90, the corps behind them tend to get "sucked up".

The southern corps have historically been in the bottom few finalist spots, and we are all being scored in that range right now. Again, that is just one theory. Take it for what it's worth. We don't really care about these differentials at all because we understand that scoring trends are going to be different in different regions, no matter what. Just like the west coast v. east coast scores in DCI. And we also agree that it would be beneficial to go up north earlier in the year, if possible. But, as it's been said 1000 times before, everything will shake out at Prelims!

And "cadetsfan", we are going to "slither" as hard as we can!

Edited by Alliance_JM

I would put Minn. shows in that list (wink-wink). :tongue:

Let's all meet up half way! What an awesome show that would be?! Full DCA-C and full DCA-S. Friggin awesome.

Scores are scores. Placements are placements.

Good shows are good shows.

There's a difference.

Let's all meet up half way! What an awesome show that would be?! Full DCA-C and full DCA-S. Friggin awesome.

Cincinnati. Just sayin'...

Robert