Fan Favorites

So are you going to post the results so we can see what you have come up with for the 6 fan favorite shows from each corps?

Yes I absolutely will.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you yelling at everyone? Really. I'm just curious. It seems to me that you've moved into the realm of "demanding a request," which is an oxymoron.

All of these rules, deadlines, criticizing people's counting skills, bold text, all caps, with an exclamation point (14 of them to be exact) to make sure you let everyone know that you meant to use all caps, etc... Is there something drastically at stake here if you don't get this "request" fulfilled in the manner you'd like and within the "deadline"? Are you in danger? Should someone call for secuity? Talk to us, perhaps someone can help.

And then you followed all of that up with a "thanks," so I assume your intentions do not reflect your posting demeanor and behaviors, and it appears that people are willing to play, but you really should play nicer. Be kind to others, and I'll continue working on my list... if that's okay.

First of all...you can't yell on a forum. That, in itself, is an oxymoron. Not to mention, who said all caps is yelling? People use all caps, exclamation points, and bold as attention getters. Clearly it worked (for good or for bad, I don't know), as I got yours.

There are rules and deadlines because, yes, there is a purpose to all of this. This isn't just for fun and discussion. I'm putting together CD's of the Fans' Favorites. When DCI has a contest for the Classic Countdown, etc., don't they have deadlines? Don't they have rules/guidelines? If people want to continue talking about this after I'm done, then GREAT! Talk on! But for my personal intentions, I have to draw the line somewhere.

Not to mention, there's really only 2 guidelines. Pick 6 - no more, no less. And P.M. your picks to me. Not really hard "rules" to follow. Of which the second one I've already compromised. I've counted every vote that has been posted on this forum. (As long as there were 6 picks for the corps.)

I originally asked (not demanded) that anyone who wishes to participate P.M. their picks. Somewhere along the line, someone took upon themself to change things up and say "Why not put them on here for the public to see?" I answered their questions as to why I wanted them messaged to me personally. It's easier for me to organize. Plain and simple. Is that wrong to ask that? I don't think that's too much. Could you imagine if someone started telling people to write their Presidential votes on a scrap piece of paper and turn it in to their local poll booth? Do you really think they'd count those votes? No! You have to go through the procedures.

Many people have been kind enough to submit their picks. And for that, I am most appreciative. It's shaping up to be VERY interesting. I think people will be surprised at the results. I definitely urge anyone who hasn't voted yet to do so. Take some time - think it through. I'm really excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no, I'm not yelling)

Again................THANKS. ;)

First of all...you can't yell on a forum. That, in itself, is an oxymoron. Not to mention, who said all caps is yelling? People use all caps, exclamation points, and bold as attention getters. Clearly it worked (for good or for bad, I don't know), as I got yours.

An a point of emphasis, yes....but it's generally considered across all discussion boards that an entire phrase in all caps is indeed yelling.

To say that a visual discussion board is exempt from yelling is as wrong a the thought that people communicating in sign language can;t yell at each other...they certainly can.

Madison 75 80 85 88 95 99

You kids NEED to hear Madison 1975. :thumbs-up:

Rick

There are rules and deadlines because, yes, there is a purpose to all of this. This isn't just for fun and discussion. I'm putting together CD's of the Fans' Favorites. When DCI has a contest for the Classic Countdown, etc., don't they have deadlines? Don't they have rules/guidelines? If people want to continue talking about this after I'm done, then GREAT! Talk on! But for my personal intentions, I have to draw the line somewhere.

Not to mention, there's really only 2 guidelines. Pick 6 - no more, no less. And P.M. your picks to me. Not really hard "rules" to follow. Of which the second one I've already compromised. I've counted every vote that has been posted on this forum. (As long as there were 6 picks for the corps.)

I originally asked (not demanded) that anyone who wishes to participate P.M. their picks. Somewhere along the line, someone took upon themself to change things up and say "Why not put them on here for the public to see?" I answered their questions as to why I wanted them messaged to me personally. It's easier for me to organize. Plain and simple. Is that wrong to ask that? I don't think that's too much. Could you imagine if someone started telling people to write their Presidential votes on a scrap piece of paper and turn it in to their local poll booth? Do you really think they'd count those votes? No! You have to go through the procedures.

Many people have been kind enough to submit their picks. And for that, I am most appreciative. It's shaping up to be VERY interesting. I think people will be surprised at the results. I definitely urge anyone who hasn't voted yet to do so. Take some time - think it through. I'm really excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no, I'm not yelling)

Again................THANKS. ;)

I'll take all of that to believe that you are unaware of the meanings of the use of all caps in an electronic communications format. My second point was simply to be more pleasant in your communication, such as:

Thanks to everyone that's posting their picks, I appreciate your taking the time to contribute. However, you would be assisting me greatly by use of PM to me (and then explain why)....

Anyway, I've determined that your use of all that I noted in my original post to be your incredible enthusiasm for what you're attempting to do. So be it. Here you are (along with the PM coming shortly).

BD - 80, 82, 84, 88, 95, 07

Cavaliers - 83, 85, 88, 92, 95, 06

Cadets - 82, 83, 84, 87, 93, 00

Madison - 75, 82, 83, 88, 95, 97

Phantom - 82, 83, 91, 92, 96, 08

Vanguard - 82, 84, 88, 92, 99, 09

Star - 85, 87, 89, 90, 91, 93

Best wishes for a successful project.

Have added the most recent votes posted.

Nobody seems to want to vote for 6 BK, Boston, Colts, G-Men, or Spirit. haha They ARE pretty hard to choose, I'll give you that.

Have added the most recent votes posted.

Nobody seems to want to vote for 6 BK, Boston, Colts, G-Men, or Spirit. haha They ARE pretty hard to choose, I'll give you that.

There are easily 6 years to be had for CD's on Blue Stars, Boston, Spirit and these other Corps.

If you're stuck to fill out a year or two for the 6 years on these Corps, pick any years in the mid 60's for Boston,,... mid 70's for Spirit, Blue Stars ,... late 90's for Colts, BK, G-Men. It 's easy, and most of your CD customers will be happy with these inclusions from these years for these Corps.( and who knows, maybe a few pleasantly surprised and pleased with some of the older inclusions too )

Edited by BRASSO