Could we get a new Forum

tradition

This could be the place for us to ask questions of the powers that be. This might help to debunk alot of the stuff you read on here and also a place for DCI to hear the fans and maybe make some fan friendly changes. I think its great that Bob Jacobs from Surf came in and debunked alot of the stuff. Now if Dan Acheson and some of the others that are the management of DCI came on and spoke to the posters here......it would certainly go a long way toward repairing the percieved problems between fans and corps. Just my opinion. Thanks Bob Jacobs for your input. :sarcasm:

I think it's a good idea. :sarcasm:

DCP has hosted member question forums in the past. Dan Acheson, George Hopkins and one more (I forget who) contributed to these forums.

Given that this is related to the services of DCP and not the Open Class directly, I am moving this to Member Service.

This is actually something that Bob Jacobs and I have talked about ... and are working on putting together. We both have very busy schedules over the next few weeks - but hope to get some quality time together soon.

Keep your eyes open for something along these lines in the future.

Thanks!

-john

So this topic gets moved to an area where most people will not see it? Why couldnt it have been left where there would be some traffic and some opinions?

Since opening a new forum on DCP involves something that could only be answered by DCP admin, this is the appropriate forum for it. Big thanks to John for answering, because I think it's a great idea, too!

Feel free to open a general thread in the World Class forum asking members how they would feel about more interaction between DCI high-ups and DCP members.

So this topic gets moved to an area where most people will not see it? Why couldnt it have been left where there would be some traffic and some opinions?

I don't get this. Do some people have browsers that don't go here? How is looking at this forum any worse than scrolling through pages and pages of "Let's compare 1976 Cadets to today" threads? Couldn't this argument be made for every post in every forum other than the DCI World Class forum? At-least I can see when there is something new posted here cause the funny little dcp thing changes color on the main list, check it out, then decide if the new post interests me. Seems pretty simple to both me and Rex. I guess what I'm sayin is that if this forum is not seen by people its only because those people aren't interested.

Maybe they should just put everything all in one forum so that everyone sees everything. Ya that will work.

I don't get this. Do some people have browsers that don't go here? How is looking at this forum any worse than scrolling through pages and pages of "Let's compare 1976 Cadets to today" threads? Couldn't this argument be made for every post in every forum other than the DCI World Class forum? At-least I can see when there is something new posted here cause the funny little dcp thing changes color on the main list, check it out, then decide if the new post interests me. Seems pretty simple to both me and Rex. I guess what I'm sayin is that if this forum is not seen by people its only because those people aren't interested.

Maybe they should just put everything all in one forum so that everyone sees everything. Ya that will work.

Thanks for the sarcasm. MY point was that more people would weigh in on the idea and give some real good feedback if it was in a topic like where I posted it. Not so much in this one. I dont understand why people feel the need to be so sarcastic on this forum. This is getting to be just like the RAMD.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an update on the status of this?