Temperature remains issue in LOS

Perfect. The forecast actually called for "0% chance of precipitation". How often do you see that anywhere east of the Mississippi in August? The temp was pretty mild and there was virtually no wind. But the roof stayed closed anyway. THAT tells you the plan for the next eight years...... :tongue:

There was some raid on Friday afternoon between the Open class and World semifinals shows. So there you go.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some raid on Friday afternoon between the Open class and World semifinals shows. So there you go.

So closing the dome did save the corps and the audience from being raided upon. (Mongols? Pirates? Vikings? Air Raid? Roach killing spray?)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :tongue:

So closing the dome did save the corps and the audience from being raided upon. (Mongols? Pirates? Vikings? Air Raid? Roach killing spray?)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :tongue:

They had to play in the shade or risk getting barraged with arrows.

Oh, I think DCI realizes exactly what indoor stadiums do. Hence why they are their for 10 years and why their major regionals are.......indoors.

exactly right..............they are in it for the money, not the music,.............besides, you can hear marching bassoons much better in an indoor venue,........................just a couple more years, and it will be the perfect venue!

Also, when was the last time it rained at finals?

It rained in Denver on either Thursday or Friday night in 2004. (I can't remember exactly. I didn't realize there'd be a test.)

It rained in Orlando both Thursday and Friday in 2003.

And, speaking of Foxboro - back in 1994, the last 8 corps in Quarters on Thursday night were rained out.