What are you doing?

What all is everyone here doing to promote drum corps in your town? What advice do you have? What do you believe we should all do? What do you believe should happen? What are your ideas?

Let's hear it!

Edited by En929

What all is everyone here doing to promote drum corps in your town? What advice do you have? What do you believe we should all do? What do you believe should happen? What are your ideas?

Let's hear it!

Maybe this isn't want you are looking for but...

I promote drum corps..

..on my car-it has several corps bumper stickers on it (I'm always looking to add more)

..at work (teacher). I have a big drum corps poster on my wall behind my desk and I bring it up in classes from time to time since I'm currently marching DCA. I also have drum corps links on my work website (turns out a parent of one of my 8th graders marched Bridgemen back in the day)

..online. My facebook page is always referencing drum corps. My friends and coworkers know about the activity because I'm always talking about it.

..by wearing corps attire when appropriate. If I can wear a drum corps shirt to an outing, I do.

I march, I wear clothes, I share videos, I talk to anyone who ask about it if I wear a shirt.

I march I wear corps clothing share videos and talk to the kids I teach in marching band.

One of my ideas for promoting drum corps is along with always talking about drum corps, showing videos to everyone, making my class lessons reminiscent of drum corp activities (I do this even if it's vocal music), and along with wearing drum corps shirts, etc. and posting videos on my Facebook page, I think after I finish my Master’s I’ll try to start a local drum corps group (we already have a big drumline at my school and THAT has generated all kinds of interest). We don’t have any drum corps in my city. So thus, that’s one of my plans.

I let my students pick what years they want to watch once a week.

Always seems to be 1980 through 1990, even the students know when it was entertaining even if just to a teenager..............

They LOVE drum & bugle corps but see to tink DCI in gerneral sucks past 1990

Local parades, local parades, local parades.......

Be one of the older... ooops "more mature" folks who talks freely to the younger members and anyone else who asks about the corps. Also don't get my butt in an uproar when someone says "What band is this?". Explain nicely.....

Oh yeah, laugh like Hades when the 4 year old sez "Yeah old people" (our age is HS to 70s). Gave everyone a laugh and we got to explain corps to some folks.

I let my students pick what years they want to watch once a week.

Always seems to be 1980 through 1990, even the students know when it was entertaining even if just to a teenager..............

They LOVE drum & bugle corps but see to tink DCI in gerneral sucks past 1990

Yeah, same here. That tends to be the reaction of when I show people drum corps too. A lot of people tend to like the 80s era of drum corps and honestly, I do too. The 80s simply seems to be the way that drum corps should be.

Yeah, same here. That tends to be the reaction of when I show people drum corps too. A lot of people tend to like the 80s era of drum corps and honestly, I do too. The 80s simply seems to be the way that drum corps should be.

Over-reaching might be a good description of today's style.