Remember These Drum Corps Items In Popular TV Series?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In IIRC 1966, the I.C. Reveries Jrs. appeared on Boom Town with Rex Trailer. http://www.rextrailer.tv/

We did a reduced size field show on camera in the parking lot at the WBZ TV studio on Soldiers Field Road and then each member appeared individually during the possy segment of the show. That is when the children in the studio audience passed through a door in the set that was supposed to be the sheriff's office. This was done on camera allowing each kid five seconds of fame with a head shot.

Weren't the Guardsmen in a KFC commercial? 70's I think.

Yes, I believe it was filmed during the 1975 season. It first aired in prime time on "All In The Family", which was the #1 show on television at the time. It must have helped the Guardsmen, because they made DCI finals for the first time the next year.

I ran across a website that asked the Guardsmen/KFC question as one of many trivial question on popular culture, etc. Scroll down to question #100:

http://wso.williams.edu/orgs/trivia/alphab.../questions.html

Edited by Northern Thunder

The VK were in an episode of "Maude" as well as appearing on "Circus of the Stars" back in the mid 70's.

I can recall a few ... the CT Royal Lancers appeared on the Sonny Fox "Wonderama" NYC show in 64 or 65 ... the NY Skyliners appeared in an EF Hutton commercial in 1980 ... and ... in 1964 a bunch of Skyliners and Sunrisers were on the set of The Music Man with Shirley McLain for the final "parade" scene but, I believe their scene didn't make the final cut ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko