Glassmen whats going on ?

You think that I would know the answer to this question but I don't , everything is top secret as usual . The website has been down for sometime now and they claim it's a serious server error ?

Any thoughts on this ? :laughing: You would think that everything would be upbeat and exciting with

this corps apparently not so !

Edited by rudi man

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. If you were on staff, wouldn't you want to just chill out and do anything BUT administrative stuff for a corps for a few weeks after mid August. Maybe you're thinking about design ideas for a 2010 show, maybe you're not, but stuff like this can slide now. If the website's still not up two months from now, then you can say, "Uh... ohhhhhhh..." but not now.

Right. If you were on staff, wouldn't you want to just chill out and do anything BUT administrative stuff for a corps for a few weeks after mid August. Maybe you're thinking about design ideas for a 2010 show, maybe you're not, but stuff like this can slide now. If the website's still not up two months from now, then you can say, "Uh... ohhhhhhh..." but not now.

Just to play the other side here. websites are a huge source of recruitment in the offseason. Everyone obtains audition packets, rehersal schedules, contact info, show announcements, etc. from the website between now and November. I personally would consider it a huge problem if my website was offline for an extended period of time.

Just to play the other side here. websites are a huge source of recruitment in the offseason. Everyone obtains audition packets, rehersal schedules, contact info, show announcements, etc. from the website between now and November. I personally would consider it a huge problem if my website was offline for an extended period of time.
Thanks G-bass thats what I'm getting at having the website down might discourge some potentially important people that might be interested in participating in the corps in 2010 . This isn't

the time to let your guard down this is the time in my opinion to take the bull by the horns and set your corps up for success for the following year and I just don't see this happening . Yes I know that

everyone needs some down time but this website problem is doggone serious . I'll bet you a million

bucks that a corps like Blue Devils , Carolina Crown , etc would never let this thing go this far .

Thanks G-bass thats what I'm getting at having the website down might discourge some potentially important people that might be interested in participating in the corps in 2010 . This isn't

the time to let your guard down this is the time in my opinion to take the bull by the horns and set your corps up for success for the following year and I just don't see this happening . Yes I know that

everyone needs some down time but this website problem is doggone serious . I'll bet you a million

bucks that a corps like Blue Devils , Carolina Crown , etc would never let this thing go this far .

This type of thing can happen to any corps, and any website for that matter. The content management system that they're using is entire database driven. For whatever reason, the database occasionally can get scrambled. Sometimes it's for no apparent reason. Other times it's a result of trying to add a new component or feature to the website. The key is to be prepared for the worst and have back ups in place, both online and off site, that you can restore from in the event of a problem. Without a current back up, it's very probable that they'll have to reconstruct the database or completely rebuild it from scratch... Either of those options can take an enormous amount of time. In any event, if something of this nature was going to happen, now's not the worst time for it to happen. While they're probably missing out on some recruiting opportunities, anyone who's genuinely interested in marching with the Glassmen will probably check back later. It's not like the website is completely gone. Most people will read the message and understand that the difficulties are only temporary.

This type of thing can happen to any corps, and any website for that matter. The content management system that they're using is entire database driven. For whatever reason, the database occasionally can get scrambled. Sometimes it's for no apparent reason. Other times it's a result of trying to add a new component or feature to the website. The key is to be prepared for the worst and have back ups in place, both online and off site, that you can restore from in the event of a problem. Without a current back up, it's very probable that they'll have to reconstruct the database or completely rebuild it from scratch... Either of those options can take an enormous amount of time. In any event, if something of this nature was going to happen, now's not the worst time for it to happen. While they're probably missing out on some recruiting opportunities, anyone who's genuinely interested in marching with the Glassmen will probably check back later. It's not like the website is completely gone. Most people will read the message and understand that the difficulties are only temporary.
I for one certainly hope that you are right ! I hope thats all it is . This corps has worked it's but off and finally or out of that streak that they were stuck in for the last 4 years Brian and his crew

pulled it off this year and I wish them the best of luck in the future with their corps .

You think that I would know the answer to this question but I don't , everything is top secret as usual . The website has been down for sometime now and they claim it's a serious server error ?

Any thoughts on this ? :laughing: You would think that everything would be upbeat and exciting with

this corps apparently not so !

Whatever happened to the Alumni Association? Did it fall through?

This is not the first time there has been an issue with the website.

They lost the Alumni data base and had to do a re-do

This is a very valid question that you ask.

Dean

from Janet

The server did a change over and blew up our website. Matt is in the process of fixing things for good right now

and audition info is to come out in October