Bridgeport show

haha sorry drummer guy correct me. missing was bass drum #1 the tiny one.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know it's late season when even the pictures look clean

Yes tom all 4 corps were CLEAN. very little mistakes in positioning, marching, bonk's and flag/rifle work.

Brigs had a very interesting moment horn line laying flat on their backs and playing in tune. Their wow moment. Also the 5 snares they have....clean!

Empire was so clean i don't know how they could improve, they were good from go. only downfall for me> too much park and bark.

Biggest moment> Hurcs opening statement. Their music is not well known but they pull it off, everyone was tapping their toes.

Bush was Great> Their guard is so good and large they consume your attention. some of their nicest drum parts were from the back? They need a WOW moment put in their show to bring them up, It can be done.

Bucs up 3.1

hurcs up 2.4

everyone else stayed the same??????

A reward for camp weekend, yes I know it's from 2 weeks ago but how does everyone else stay the same from last week?

All the scores indicate that Reading will win handily.

What I saw from Hurricanes tonight tells me no one will put them away easily.

Just a week to see how it comes out.

PS everyone was good.

PPS (disclaimer) for those who think that my opinion of Hurcs is influenced by my long association there, I think that over the course of years I may have been tougher on them then on anyone. Ask yourselves how many breaks you get from your old instructors? They simply are this good. Will it be good enough? Who knows. But man, The Red Pony gave me goosebumps, and I don't just mean the writing - the ensemble performance, which was their achilles heel earlier in the year, was terrific tonight. They move well, and really really understand the pulse, all over the field.

The guard is exquisite, and many of the guards tonight were wonderful, but the coordination of the Hurcs' visual show, especially how they incorporate the color and movement of the guard, is mesmerizing at times. You can almost HEAR the richness of the color of the silks and costumes. It's that good.

Good enough? You can be the judge soon enough - you want to count them out? Go right ahead.

BTW, while I'm gushing over (one of) my alma mater (s) - let me hit on another:

Bayonne really projected the Bridgemen esthetic tonight - just the right combination of loose and tight, hot and cool.

Brought back memories of by gone days. The last time I stood against the wall of a stadium listening to 'Spanish Dreams" and "The Last Whale" the wall was at Mile High Stadium.

When William Tell was finishing - I kept expecting to see Pat Forker in his cop suit and the corps sprawled all over the field.

Peabody, set the way back machine for 1978 - this was good time travel and good drum corps.

ya gotta love Bridgeport.

Glad you had a great day with us Ray ~ it really is great to have you around!!

Chris ~ thanks for the kind words about the Bridgemen and let me know if you have anymore pictures please!

And Hurcs ~ thank you for a wonderful show last night. Best of luck next weekend in Rochester!!!!!

Glad you had a great day with us Ray ~ it really is great to have you around!!

Chris ~ thanks for the kind words about the Bridgemen and let me know if you have anymore pictures please!

And Hurcs ~ thank you for a wonderful show last night. Best of luck next weekend in Rochester!!!!!

Ditto!!! Also thanks for inviting Hov and myself to after party with Cakes and the rest of Hurc's. It was a great time and I enjoyed sharing alot of drum corps memories. Now I must log out and rest up for our Bridgemen weekend in Rochester . Getting home back in Philly at 6:30 am is kind of rough. :thumbup::thumbup::tongue::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Ditto!!! Also thanks for inviting Hov and myself to after party with Cakes and the rest of Hurc's. It was a great time and I enjoyed sharing alot of drum corps memories. Now I must log out and rest up for our Bridgemen weekend in Rochester . Getting home back in Philly at 6:30 am is kind of rough. :thumbup::thumbup::tongue::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Being invited to party with Cakes is not so much of a prize - it's a little bit like winning an all expense paid week in Beautiful Newark NJ. 2nd prize? 2 weeks in beautiful Newark NJ.

Being invited to party with Cakes is not so much of a prize - it's a little bit like winning an all expense paid week in Beautiful Newark NJ. 2nd prize? 2 weeks in beautiful Newark NJ.

Now Ray, you know you love Cakes just as much as the rest of us.

Is it just me or everybody thought it was an amazingly ran show with everything beeing perfect? Next to Hurcs, I don't know any corps that had a good rehearsal facility. It always has been that way at that show...what don't they understand? No pun intended to the members...they just perform and do what they are told. But two thumbs down, way down to the Hurcs organization. Reminds me of stories my dad tells me about DCA back in the 70's! I hope the corps I will be marching with next summer won't be going to that show so I won't have to drive 8 hours to the richest State and practice in the crappiest facilities... :thumbup:

Thank you Hurcs! :thumbup: