Bridgeport show

Okay, my 2 pennies.....

Hurcs have given Honor Guard trophies for many years in honor of Harvey Olderman.

Drum Majors deserve the same amount of respect.

Those two captions are the only ones that you cannot figure out for yourself by looking at the recaps.

With that said, I hope that everyone has a safe trip to and from Rochester, and have the time of your life!! It's a wonderful experience!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my 2 pennies.....

Hurcs have given Honor Guard trophies for many years in honor of Harvey Olderman.

Drum Majors deserve the same amount of respect.

Those two captions are the only ones that you cannot figure out for yourself by looking at the recaps.

With that said, I hope that everyone has a safe trip to and from Rochester, and have the time of your life!! It's a wonderful experience!

What Stormiehurc is too modest to mention is that she and her husband donated three of the trophies.

The whole Hurricane family thanks you very much for your generosity. :tongue:

The Hurricanes are happy to recognize some of the people in our activity that rarely get the respect they deserve.

Edited by Skyking

I really do agree with you on many things ( Saw other posts ) But guard has been part of the horn and drum visual marks . I have had many horn tapes talking about guard contribution etc etc. SO although I agree with some things I also think youare not giving the credit to a section that bleeds through every other sections captions and certainly tapes.

PS: not trying to be confrontational at all just been my experiece in teaching as well as judging

Ok....as I said, I stand corrected. And my apologies to all the guards and their members. who sweat and toil throughout the summer as much, and in many cases more, than anyone. Geez, talk about a post you wish you could take back!! However, I still prefer seeing horns, visual and drum trophies in place of major and/or honor guard. Understanding of couse that the fine folks who are kind enough to dontate these trophies get to decide to what sections they are awarded. But tell me, when is the last time you saw the winning corp at ANY show taking best major and/or honor guard?

Ok....as I said, I stand corrected. And my apologies to all the guards and their members. who sweat and toil throughout the summer as much, and in many cases more, than anyone. Geez, talk about a post you wish you could take back!! However, I still prefer seeing horns, visual and drum trophies in place of major and/or honor guard. Understanding of couse that the fine folks who are kind enough to dontate these trophies get to decide to what sections they are awarded. But tell me, when is the last time you saw the winning corp at ANY show taking best major and/or honor guard?

What are you implying?

totally agree :tongue:

Just personal opinion, but I prefer seeing trophies awarded in captions that actually make a difference in the overall placement/scores of the corps. No disrespect intended to honor guard, color guard or drum major, but these categories don't matter a rat's derriere in the final results.

feel free to write a check to every show host to cover the cost

feel free to write a check to every show host to cover the cost
Sadly, VOReason is not a rich man. But kudos to the folks who do fork over the cash. And to them goes the right to award the trophies as they see fit.

Sadly, VOReason is not a rich man. But kudos to the folks who do fork over the cash. And to them goes the right to award the trophies as they see fit.

exactly. and in these trying times, i'm seeing fewer trophies donated at all levels of the activity, even at band shows