Bridgeport show

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or everybody thought it was an amazingly ran show with everything beeing perfect? Next to Hurcs, I don't know any corps that had a good rehearsal facility. It always has been that way at that show...what don't they understand? No pun intended to the members...they just perform and do what they are told. But two thumbs down, way down to the Hurcs organization. Reminds me of stories my dad tells me about DCA back in the 70's! I hope the corps I will be marching with next summer won't be going to that show so I won't have to drive 8 hours to the richest State and practice in the crappiest facilities... :thumbup:

Thank you Hurcs! :thumbup:

The POINT that when you hold a show and use the stadium to rehearse in you better have great facilities for your OTHER corps.

Is justified. Not saying this happened . Its just good organization.

Its your home show .

you are not traveling .

take care of the corps that are.

also I heard this from a friend at the show.

Hurcs gave out 3 caption awards at retreat.

drum major -not sure who won

color guard -hurcs

percussion -hurcs

---------------------------

missing

high brass- empire

high GE empire

High GE IS NOT REGULARLY GIVEN OUT BUT SKIPPING HIGH BRASS ????????

I did not attend this show . Way too far . Can someone give a heads up to the volatility of this statement.

Edited by dcifan2002

#### you! :thumbup:

Btw, I am definetely not marching Empire for at least these 2 reasons:

1- I refuse to be in a line that doesn't play anything (notewise) and play the easy game.

2- I like to march and move a lot and have some kind of physical demand.

I still like how they get the crowd going, but, as a drummer, not my team...

can't wait for you're 3rd post....your 1st 2 were just cheap(anonymous)swipes at 2 great corps! :thumbup:

The Bushwackers would like to thank contest chairman Bob Bradley and the Hurricanes for once again making our August trip to Ct a positive experience.

Job well done as always!!!

Jay

Bush

Edited by HBD

The POINT that when you hold a show and use the stadium to rehearse in you better have great facilities for your OTHER corps.

Its your home show .

you are not traveling .

color guard -hurcs

percussion -hurcs

missing

high brass- empire

high GE empire

I did not attend this show . Way too far . Can someone give a heads up to the volatility of this statement.

They awarded Best Honour Guard, Best Drum Major, and Best Colourguard - all to Hurcs.

They did not award Best Percussion (Hurcs) Best Brass (Empire) or High GE (Empire.

Its your home show .

you are not traveling .

color guard -hurcs

percussion -hurcs

missing

high brass- empire

high GE empire

Did you actually mean volatility? Are you wondering how many people want to argue over the point?

Just curious.

The toophies given out are generally a result of donations. The Hurcs have had a rich history of both drum lines and guard, and I personally would like to think brass. Your point is well taken and I think I will explore the possibility of donating a trophy each year in the name of Joe Genero, whose work benefited the activity in general and the Hurcs in particular. You made a really good point and it deserves consideration. (Hope I can afford the stinking trophy, now that I opened my big mouth - maybe I'll get together with some of my ex-Hurc Brass guy (and girl) colleagues if it's expensive.)

Hey Tom - how much do I need to give you to sponsor a trophy? Let me know. (I have to work on my wife, who's not from a drum corps.)

If I donate it, and Empire gets it, I'll be proud and pleased to present it. (remembering my old pal Pepe, an ex-Hurc instructor who benefitted the Empire legacy.)

Edited by rayfallon

They awarded Best Honour Guard, Best Drum Major, and Best Colourguard - all to Hurcs.

They did not award Best Percussion (Hurcs) Best Brass (Empire) or High GE (Empire.

That seems to be the popular thing to do now-adays, if it makes them sleep better at night.

Can't wait for prelims and finals in Rochester, hometown of the Statesmen. Then you will see the real trophy to be shooting for...... The Crowd

hometown of the Statesmen and Crusaders, yes?

#### you! :rolleyes:

Btw, I am definetely not marching Empire for at least these 2 reasons:

1- I refuse to be in a line that doesn't play anything (notewise) and play the easy game.

2- I like to march and move a lot and have some kind of physical demand.

I still like how they get the crowd going, but, as a drummer, not my team...

LOL!

OK, well first things first, you obviously haven't seen Empire's drumline.....they are on FIRE!

The snareline is best in DCA. Sure, they might not be winning drums, but thats because some other corps have ridiculously good Bass and tenor lines. Empire's of course are amazing as well :doh:

You wont find another corps like Empire, you will find yourself bored to death, you watch. The only corps that would give you the demand of a DCI corps, is the Bucs, because they are just that good.

Heh, good luck making them.

hometown of the Statesmen and Crusaders, yes?

Yep.....and MAN is that crowd loud for them!!!

:rolleyes::doh: :doh: