Would llke to see the BRIDGEMEN compete finally.

they are a drum crops I think.

No doubt they are a drum corps. Just guessing, but I think you can catch them in Rochester at the Alumni gala.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words about the Bushwackers show and post-show parking lot extravaganza. The corps has made a habit of playing their show in the parking lot at the last regular season show, which for them in the past was West Haven. It was a little cramped, but was enjoyed by members, staff, alumni and fans walking by. Good times and memories are made from moments like these.

They have come an incredibly long way since the beginning of the season, and they are determined to make their last two performances their best. With all deference to the Jerry and the boys... What a long psychotic ride it has been! :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words about the Bushwackers show and post-show parking lot extravaganza. The corps has made a habit of playing their show in the parking lot at the last regular season show, which for them in the past was West Haven. It was a little cramped, but was enjoyed by members, staff, alumni and fans walking by. Good times and memories are made from moments like these.

They have come an incredibly long way since the beginning of the season, and they are determined to make their last two performances their best. With all deference to the Jerry and the boys... What a long psychotic ride it has been! :thumbup:

ditto what he said. Thanks :thumbup:

You know, I would write a review, but all I would say about all of the groups is that they are all in August form. Great shows. Everyone is ready for Prelims. So it wouldnt be worth it to write. Everyone great. The crowd was fantastic. Hurcs are a great Host. BTW, First time Hurcs have ever won their home show in their 55 year History. They have won Barnum but never their home show. Congrats

I give Empire credit for having the courage to lay it on the line with their show. They're essentially saying, "like it, don't like it - this is what we believe." You can appreciate it or not, but the only ones they need to be true to are each other.

God knows, you can't please everyone - we've read on these forums that the Cabs aren't Spanish enough (from one poster) and too Spanish (from another).

Empire puts it out there and takes their chances, as does every important corps. When they start to model their show concepts after what DCP or anyone else tells them, then they'll be lost.

BTW, whoever said that changing that part of their show would raise their score a point truly has not even the slimmest of clues of how this activity is judged.

I'm not a huge fan of Empire's show this year, but I give them all the credit in the world for being true to their vision and to each other.

And those boys (and girls) can play.

thank you very much!! :)

I believe Hurcs won the home show in 82. It was a Bowden Field. The orginal show got rained out twice... the Lake that was inside Hurricane Hall ! :) oh my ....

I am really looking forward to seeing Hurcs this weekend..... WALK PROUD ! Excitement Brews...

And Jeff was a great staff member and support when I was director, along with Bob Wilcox and Ray. He is a very talented individual and very passionate! I enjoyed my one year stint at Norwalk ..I got to work with their battery before moving to Florida. Even with Happy Jack in the line lol ... side note: Jack went on to play in the front ensemble of Cadets and was in the original cast of BLAST! He was the marimba spiritual player

Edited by hurcwave

I believe Hurcs won the home show in 82. It was a Bowden Field. The orginal show got rained out twice... the Lake that was inside Hurricane Hall ! :) oh my ....

I am really looking forward to seeing Hurcs this weekend..... WALK PROUD ! Excitement Brews...

And Jeff was a great staff member and support when I was director, along with Bob Wilcox and Ray. He is a very talented individual and very passionate! I enjoyed my one year stint at Norwalk ..I got to work with their battery before moving to Florida. Even with Happy Jack in the line lol ... side note: Jack went on to play in the front ensemble of Cadets and was in the original cast of BLAST! He was the marimba spiritual player

Oh ... now we're taking credit for Jack Mansinger, huh? It's because of you he's now playing on Broadway for The Lion King?

You are such a little egomaniac!!!! Tell them about the diction lessons you gave "The Swedish Chef" before he got his big break, why don't you? Or how you taught Cupcakes everything he knows about fashion?

The noive of some people...

You should have seen the concert they put on in the parking lot after the show. What an awsome treat :thumbup:

Man these guys can play. I had them in 3rd as well :thumbup:

Glad you caught that. It's become a bit of a tradition for us at the last show before finals. We performed with a lot of emotion at both performances. We have a good group who really believes in themselves and the show. It's a pleasure to be a part of it.

Good luck to all next weekend. We hope the Rochester crowd is ready for a really entertaining weekend of drum corps.

Oh ... now we're taking credit for Jack Mansinger, huh? It's because of you he's now playing on Broadway for The Lion King?

You are such a little egomaniac!!!! Tell them about the diction lessons you gave "The Swedish Chef" before he got his big break, why don't you? Or how you taught Cupcakes everything he knows about fashion?

LMAO :rolleyes:

sorry If I pinched yours !! :rolleyes:

GO HURCS

Edited by hurcwave